Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Orleans Saints have a chance?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So I've been following the Bounty scandal a bit and to be perfectly honest, the saints have been truely screwed over for the upcoming season (I know they kinda desrved it but still, you hate to see that happening to your team).
    I was wondering though, what do people reckon, will they have a chance in the 2012-2013 season or are they truely and utterly screwed...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty certain they're screwed. I don't see how they'll be able to recover and actually put some wins together.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess a 10 win season is about what they'll get, but it all hinges on Drew Brees. If he ****s them around (which he seems to be doing) they're in more trouble than any penalties could ever give them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mufasaa)
    I'd guess a 10 win season is about what they'll get, but it all hinges on Drew Brees. If he ****s them around (which he seems to be doing) they're in more trouble than any penalties could ever give them.
    Yeah definitely, all hinges on him... he is in effect their whole offense... and in a way saves our frankly pathetic defense by keeping them off the field.

Anyone know when we hear about player suspensions? I do hope it's before the draft... not after.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxffm)
    Yeah definitely, all hinges on him... he is in effect their whole offense... and in a way saves our frankly pathetic defense by keeping them off the field.

Anyone know when we hear about player suspensions? I do hope it's before the draft... not after.
    As far as I know there's not been much said about when those will happen.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I am certainly not looking forward to that.... almost 25 players where involved... or was it more? They can't possibly suspend them all...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    22-27 players. I'd guess it'd mostly be fines apart from those who played a big role in it (Jonathan Vilma seems to be the one most likely to get heavy punishments).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mufasaa)
    22-27 players. I'd guess it'd mostly be fines apart from those who played a big role in it (Jonathan Vilma seems to be the one most likely to get heavy punishments).
    Yeah I guess that's most likely... shame about Vilma, especially since he's pretty much the centrepiece of our defence...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You stole Curtis Lofton from Atlanta, he's a cracking player who'll more than fill in for Vilma. I've always really rated Lofton, amazing leader and player vs. run. He's good vs the pass too, people say it's a weakness but I think that's just because his speed isn't brilliant, he'll get you a couple of INTs a year and a lot of batted passes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ah excellent, though I thought we signed him to replace someone we'd lost... maybe I'm mistaken...
    I take it you're an Atlanta fan then... that would be a right shame...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    With Brees they have a player who can virtually run the offence by himself, without Brees they will be lucky to win more than a few matches.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you're pretty much right on that...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.