The Student Room Group

JOBLESS Woman using 35k of tax payers money to lose weight!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by elenii
Clearly she does eat quite a lot of it! :tongue:

Some people just seem to put one weight very easily though. Like I swear by rights I should be fat because of the amount I eat, but I'm not. Sucks to be them I guess =/
Reply 21
Seems a lot but we are spending billions on two warships, both of which are going to be scrapped after they are built as we can't afford them. Lets focus on the big, real issues about misspent taxpayers money.
Original post by t0ffee
Seems a lot but we are spending billions on two warships, both of which are going to be scrapped after they are built as we can't afford them. Lets focus on the big, real issues about misspent taxpayers money.

I partially agree with you, and disagree you. There are definitely bigger issues than this out there, and the fact it appeared in the Sun, automatically makes the more intelligent ones think a) this is sensationalism and b) it is not common place these things done on the NHS and unfortunately, I can confirm that it is increasingly becoming common place. And the expense is vast, with the culmulative value of such "unneccessary" expenditures in the NHS, with 100s of people having such procedures every week now, running into hundreds of millions, nationally. I say "unneccessary", because this is just a proxy to one of the biggest issues facing our time - the huge bills caused by people smoking, drinking and the obesity epidemic due to people purely living of a diet refined foods and red meats and causing potentially preventable damage to their bodies
Reply 23
It would have been so much more convenient if she just had a heart attack when she was 38 stone. And before anyone calls me heartless, you have to be pretty stupid to eat yourself to 38 stone (which is more than half a ton).
(edited 12 years ago)
How can she say she can't afford to live on £600 a month? I manage, and that with my own part time wage, living on my own and actually paying bills! Stupid woman.

Edit: I meant to say how can she not afford to buy healthy food... Its cheaper than most junk.
Reply 25
Original post by Dr Good Manners
Throw her back in the ocean

Not cool man, thats how tsunamis are started.
The NHS should not be prioritising gluttonous women who could easily go to the gym if they made the effort, they should be helping people with genuine medical problems. She already had one op, and clearly that hasn't worked, so she should try another method i.e. getting off her backside.

It's also a load of rubbish that it's too expensive to buy healthy foods, a McDonald's is about £3.50 for a meal while a healthy fresh soup from Asda is £1.50 (and that's enough for two portions).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
The reason her gastric sleeve stretched is probably because she didn't adhere to the strict post-operation diet. She shouldn't be able to eat chocolate and crisps with a sleeve.

So, since one bariatric surgery failed, what are the chances of the bypass succeeding? Hopefully she gets dietary counselling.

She isn't in an impossible situation though, at my highest weight I weighed one stone less than she does right now. I've managed to lose 6st of the weight through diet and exercise, so she could too. I just hope she realises that gastric bypassing is *not* an easy way out.
Original post by FilthyYouth
You're probably right...probably not fun for a boring **** like yourself!

No, just probably not that fun for anyone.
I was around the same weight she is now at one point. I like chocolate, too. In fact, I'd go as far to say that I love it. I hate getting up early to exercise before work, it sucks.

But I did it, and lost half my bodyweight. Therefore I think it's DISGUSTING that she's considering surgery a better option than getting off her backside.

EDIT: Also, the bit where it says she think her sleeve stretched and "made her eat more food".. no, putting your hand in a bag of crisps and shovelling them into your mouth makes you eat more food. At least I never made excuses.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
She expects to get cosmetic surgery, however in my experience the NHS usually tell people where to go with that as it's cosmetic. Probably why she's sold her story to the sun.
Reply 31
If she is a vegetarian why is she eating chocolate and quavers. She must also be eating more than 1 chocolate bar and 2bags of quavers plus her vegetarian food.

From The Sun's comment page - 3 likes.

People are so dumb...
She doesn't have enough money for healthy food? Does that mean all unemployed people are fat..? :confused:
Reply 33
Original post by redferry
In all fairness she has a similar diet to me in exam time....She must just eat a lot of it? :s-smilie:

Either that or the woman has an exam period that lasts 365 days a year!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by iqlu
Either that or the woman has an exam period that lasts 365 days a week!

I lose weight in exam time!
She would waste away :P

She blatantly snacks LOADS outside those meals.
Original post by Addzter
No, just probably not that fun for anyone.

Probably more fun than a conversation with you though?! Surely?
Reply 36
Look at her arms, ew. And disgusting in general.
Original post by FilthyYouth
Probably more fun than a conversation with you though?! Surely?

Maybe, it depends what the conversation would be about.
Reply 38
I crave chocolate all the damn time but I don't eat it every day. It's called self-control.
The fact that she is unemployed is utterly irrelevant. The welfare state ought to be expanded, not cut back on for things like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending