Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Example timetable for Portsmouth

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I should hopefully be starting in September and was wondering whether an existing first year could give me an example Timetabl; times for lectures, tutorials etc?
    Thanks.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robcalcroft)
    Hi I should hopefully be starting in September and was wondering whether an existing first year could give me an example Timetabl; times for lectures, tutorials etc?
    Thanks.
    It really depends on your course so it's not going be the same for everyone.

All I can say is you're extremely likely to have wednesday off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok cool thanks, what time are the first and last lectures etc
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    9am are the earliest lectures and I think 6pm might be the last lecture start.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Remember though Parasitic, the whole structure of the Uni is changing for next year
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Remember though Parasitic, the whole structure of the Uni is changing for next year
    Yeah but that shouldn't change the times the lectures start

All units will be year long, no more semesters therefore no more exams during January which is great. I wonder how it will affect some of the smaller units for first years so. I guess some will be stretched out, others will remain the same just with deadlines pushed back...

I heard some lecturers might do workshops once every other week, so in theory unit won't change. I guess it could mean fairly empty timetables
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will there be enough days to get a part-time job in? (Thursday, Friday and Saturday?)

Just that I want to get in as much money as possible to live on when im in the accommodation and able to buy reasonable snacks and dinners if i'm put in self-catered, as right now I have no job so i'm not earning anything.

A little off-topic here, but do creative courses get exams? I did just notice you mentioning no more exams in January.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasitic)
    It really depends on your course so it's not going be the same for everyone.

All I can say is you're extremely likely to have wednesday off.
    Y is it so likely to have Wednesday off ????
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only had wednesday off 1 semester out of 4 including lectures in the afternoon.

Because it's supposed to be for sports (the afternoon).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My timetable (psychology) was consistently quite bare, never had a wednesday lecture and always had at least one other whole day off per week , plus soo much time before or after lectures you could defo fit part-time hours round your timetable. I have had friends doing alot more uni hous but nothing too strenuous.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 10, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.