The Student Room Group

Which is the worst beer? Poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
The nicest beer I've had is Zwiefalter Weizenbier :smile: How I miss Germany! Now there's where the good beer is :wink:
why the hell is Becks not on here? Terrible stuff.
Can't stand fosters :yucky: I can drink almost any other drink except fosters. I bought it once in a pub and took a few sips and just had to discard the drink because it was so foul :s-smilie:
"I wouldn't let a dog drink Fosters"

"Good call."
stella :/
Reply 105
I'd happily drink any of them, though Carlsberg would be my last choice.

Everyone saying 'I once had a pint of Carling and nearly chundered everywhere!' needs to pipe down, I guarantee if I gave you a pint of Carling and told you it was something else you wouldn't notice.
Reply 106
Original post by mevidek
Budweiser; how can they steal the name from the delicious Czech beer and stick it on a bottle of ****ty tasteless alcohol?????

Bud US applied for the trademark years before Bud Cz. Bud US actually advertises and bothers trying to sell their product while Bud Cz were just coasting. They deserve everything they got, it's a perfect example of the lazy European vs. ambitious American scenario.

Everyone knows that Carlsberg is the worst, but nobody can admit because all the skint students are the ones drinking it. Last time I checked, Carlsberg was actually cheaper (£/L) than big-bottled water at Sainsburys.

But anyway, ever since I got a decent job after Uni all beer seems to taste like **** it's shots or JD only for me.
Original post by Blame
Stella. It used to be Carlsberg but i've learnt to develop a taste for it, seeing as its only 2 quid a pint :colondollar:

Amen dude, Spoons is so good!

I always got confused between Carling and Carlsberg.

I now just ask for the £2 one :P
Reply 108
Original post by Baller
Bud US applied for the trademark years before Bud Cz. Bud US actually advertises and bothers trying to sell their product while Bud Cz were just coasting. They deserve everything they got, it's a perfect example of the lazy European vs. ambitious American scenario.

Everyone knows that Carlsberg is the worst, but nobody can admit because all the skint students are the ones drinking it. Last time I checked, Carlsberg was actually cheaper (£/L) than big-bottled water at Sainsburys.

But anyway, ever since I got a decent job after Uni all beer seems to taste like **** it's shots or JD only for me.

If you think so :rolleyes:
Reply 109
I don't really like any beer, but some of them I can stand. The worst one ever though is Carling. Followed closely by Budweiser.

P.s. John Smith's is an ale not a beer.
Reply 110
Original post by geebee
I don't really like any beer, but some of them I can stand. The worst one ever though is Carling. Followed closely by Budweiser.

P.s. John Smith's is an ale not a beer.

An ale is a type of beer :fyi:
Original post by Popppppy
Truely the worst beer I have ever tasted was Sainsbury's own Lager at 11p a can.

Back in my borderline alcoholic days (3 weeks ago before my student loan had ran out), I drank Spar's own lager called 'Lager'. Surprisingly, it was actually nicer than most of the 4% lagers. :biggrin:
Reply 112
Original post by Baller

Not really, its a choice between beer from Budweiz, Czech Republic branding itself as "Budweiz beer" or beer from St Louis, Missouri branding itself as "Budweiz beer". Budweiser meaning literally "from Budweiz".

One company is telling the truth about its product, one of them is flat out lying. Its no coincidence that one of them brews one of the best beers ever made, (voted Champion Beer in the world of 2012) whereas one of them brews foul tasteless piss that's so packed with chemicals and adjuncts its only barely allowed to be classified as beer by a legal definition.

Its like if I trademarked the name "Bordeaux wine" and then sued any wine manufacturers from Bordeaux who mentioned where their wine was made. Its frankly ridiculous that the US Budweiser is allowed to trade under that name at all - fortunately its not allowed to in Europe because we're a bit hotter on fraud than the US.
Stella :yucky:

I'm not much of a beer drinker anyway - I stick to JD, unless it's an open bar, in which case I opt for ice-cold Bud :colone:
By far and away stella. How can something liquid that isn't mercury be so metallic in taste?
Bud is a very close second, but it doesn't taste like metal which is always a plus.
Honestly, it's just metal in a metallic can!
Asahi super dry is also pretty rank.

I'm not a big beer drinker, cider is my thing but you can't go far wrong with a bottle of estrella.

(fyi, Magners, strongbow and so on do not count as cider. If its going to be mass produced Savannah dry and old rosie is the way to go.)
Reply 115
I voted Fosters.

To the people giving out about Guinness - there's a reason why you rarely see an Irish person drinking Guinness in England, it really doesn't travel well. Here in Dublin it's like Gods own stout.
Original post by Cerdog
Although Greene King IPA is one of the better beers on the list, it deserves scorn for not resembling an IPA in the slightest. Guinness is fine, but as I've tasted more and more real stouts I've come to realise it doesn't really taste of that much.

tastes fine to me! although i'm biased as i work in a greene king pub :') i prefer stronger ales though anyway.
I'm not a huge beer drinker, I much prefer spirits, but the worst beer i've tasted was definitely Stella. Even straight from the tap it tastes worse than some beers from a can.
Of those Stella would be my first choice if nothing else were available (never had john smith's or Green King so can't judge them tbf); Fosters, Carlsberg and Carling = last resort. At least they're cheap though.
Carlsberg tasts like cornflakes, Fosters is a close second as it tastes like a diabetic's urine

Quick Reply

Latest