The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The whole of the country? Seriously? Can't you be more specific?
Reply 2
yes the UK really does vary... London is totally different from say.... Lewis?
Reply 3
Do you think the UK is a safe country?
nope...

Do you feel there?
what... ?

Do you have to avoid some areas because you think you're going to be mugged?
aye...

Are there any dangerous groups?
yup...

Have you ever been mugged there?
not yet...
Reply 4
sergioib
Do you think the UK is a safe country? Do you feel there? Do you have to avoid some areas because you think you're going to be mugged? Are there any dangerous groups? Have you ever been mugged there?

Oh yes there are terrorists that want to blow us up and this morning I had most of the First Year against the wall with my sawn off shot gun until Id made £50 off their lunch money. Some idiot thought it would be funny to throw a snowball at me. Well lets just put it this way, grey brain matter has been spread round Room 1. And the next person who plays his/her ****ing mobile phone ring tone on the train is going to get a knuckle duster in their face

--------------------------------------
Its a bit like Spain. There are groups of people you avoid, places that you avoid after dark, and you keep an eye on your back. Its not really that rough. And if you are on the ball you will not get attacked.
mmm and has this got anything to do with health and relationship..
Reply 6
i think the uk is a relatively very safe place when compared to other countries around the world.
Reply 7
I know this is not 'Health and relationships' but I didn't know where to post it since there is not a 'City' or 'Country' topic, sorry, anyways.

I felt quite safe when I was there (London and Folkestone, Kent) and I thought I didn't have to worry about muggers, pickpockets and things like those (I know you always have to keep that in mind but I just felt that way). People there seemed to be really polite and civilised and I guess that's why I felt safe although I have to say that there were some groups of youngsters who were drinking and they looked a bit violent. People there drink even if it's 4pm!

We also have the terrorism thing in Spain although we got rid of Iraq so I guess we're not in danger any more, but you all know what happened in Madrid around two years ago... I wasn't referring at that kind of unsafety though, I mean I want to know your impressions of everyday-life.
Reply 8
I've never felt unsafe living here, but then I've only ever lived in Surrey and the Isle of Wight - hardly the most dangerous places in the universe. :wink:
I think the UK is just like anywhere else, you just have to be careful what you're doing and where you are.
Reply 10
sergioib
Do you think the UK is a safe country? Do you feel safe there? Do you have to avoid some areas because you think you're going to be mugged? Are there any dangerous groups? Have you ever been mugged there?

mm.. i won't go in a park on my own, when there aren't many people around because i was assaulted last summer - while minding my own business, and feeding the ducks with my boyfriend.. now there is something you wouldn't expect.

mm.. also dark alleys, because that is where all the rapesters hide.. :s-smilie:

oh.. and i guess the UK is relatively safe.. compared to say the US.. and where i live, there aren't any 'groups' as such.. and if there are, i certainly don't know about them :O
Reply 11
It really depends on the area. I've no problem walking outside on my own late at night at home... only thing likely to attack me would be an annoyed bull or ewe ^o), but wouldn't dare do that right now (living in Fallowfield, an insalubrious area of Manchester)
Reply 12
On the Isle of Wight? Yes, definately.
In Wales? Not so much :frown:
Reply 13
Most places i feel relativley safe but certain areas i dont, but just avoid them and your fine!
Reply 14
I thought I didn't have to worry about muggers, pickpockets and things like those

thats a little naive i think.

it depends where you are parts of london and nottingham and other places a definate no no for walking home on your own after a night out. surrey not so much though pretty friendly but still pickpockets and muggings and worse stuff too, britain no where near a euphoria
Reply 15
Look on the brightside.

We're not in Iraq!
Reply 16
sergioib
Do you think the UK is a safe country?

YES
Reply 17
Generally it is safe here. You just have to know where to avoid and you will be fine.
It can be dangerous, depends on where you are really. I grew up in inner London myself, in and around areas such as camberwell, stockwell, peckham and brixton, some of the most grotty, nasty run down places in the whole of london... so yes I have indeed been mugged and attacked many many times in the past. Don't know anyone whose grown up in south London and hasn't been mugged/attacked at least once to be honest. You do learn how to avoid it though, and I haven't been stopped or attacked in a good few years thankfully... does admittedly help to be a big bugger though :wink: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
sergioib
Do you think the UK is a safe country? Do you feel safe there? Do you have to avoid some areas because you think you're going to be mugged? Are there any dangerous groups? Have you ever been mugged there?

Yeah, it's pretty safe as long as you're not an idiot going out looking for confrontation. No, I don't avoid any areas in particular, but I rarely have reason to go to some of the apparently 'dodgy' areas, but it wouldn't bother me if I had to visit them frequently. No, I haven't been mugged.

Latest

Trending

Trending