Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A* essay examples for GCSE English Literature?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where to find essay examples that are A* standard?
    Or if anyone has any essays they wouldn't mind sending to me?

Thank you very much.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while since you posted and nobody's replied yet...maybe you should check out MarkedbyTeachers.com, TSR's sister site. It has the largest library of essays in the UK.

They've got over 181,000+ coursework, essays, homeworks etc.. all written by GCSE, A Level, University and IB students across all topics. You get access either by publishing some of your own work, or paying £4.99 for a month's access. Both ways give you unlimited access to all of the essays.

All their documents are submitted to Turnitin anti-plagiarism software, so it can't be misused, and the site's used by hundreds of thousands of UK teachers and students.

What's more, you can take a look around the site and preview the work absolutely free. Click here to find out more...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ketchup!)
    Does anyone know where to find essay examples that are A* standard?
    Or if anyone has any essays they wouldn't mind sending to me?

Thank you very much.

The things I'm studying are
    Lord of the Flies
    Of Mice and Men
    Carol Ann Dufffy
    An Inspector Calls
    Hi, I'm in my AS year now but I got A*s for English last year, and of those I studied LOTF and Duffy for my exam and Inspector for my coursework.
    I did most of the lotf stuff by hand but I still have some things on my computer so I can send you them if you want? I'm not sure exactly what grade they would have got but probably around the A* mark.
    I don't have any essays for Duffy but I do have notes, would you like them too?
    If you're doing Inspector as an exam it won't be very helpful but I got full marks for my coursework so if it's relevant I could send you that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florence321)
    Hi, I'm in my AS year now but I got A*s for English last year, and of those I studied LOTF and Duffy for my exam and Inspector for my coursework.
    I did most of the lotf stuff by hand but I still have some things on my computer so I can send you them if you want? I'm not sure exactly what grade they would have got but probably around the A* mark.
    I don't have any essays for Duffy but I do have notes, would you like them too?
    If you're doing Inspector as an exam it won't be very helpful but I got full marks for my coursework so if it's relevant I could send you that.
    Yes please, that would be very helpful
    I don't mind if they're handwritten - I'd be grateful for whatever an A* student sent me
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes please, that would be very helpful
    I don't mind if they're handwritten - I'd be grateful for whatever an A* student sent me
    I've private messaged you the essays Sorry, I can't send you any of the handwritten ones as our scanner doesn't work :/ Hopefully the ones I've sent will be useful though

I remember that for my revision for LOTF I did essay plans for possible questions - your teacher might've told you what hasn't come up yet and is likely to so definitely do a few plans around those ones (and maybe the older ones if they have to start repeating questions by this point). One of the plans that I'd made ended up coming up in one of the questions so I already had a good idea of how to structure my essay and what was important to say/important quotes!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've private messaged you the essays Sorry, I can't send you any of the handwritten ones as our scanner doesn't work :/ Hopefully the ones I've sent will be useful though

I remember that for my revision for LOTF I did essay plans for possible questions - your teacher might've told you what hasn't come up yet and is likely to so definitely do a few plans around those ones (and maybe the older ones if they have to start repeating questions by this point). One of the plans that I'd made ended up coming up in one of the questions so I already had a good idea of how to structure my essay and what was important to say/important quotes!
    Do you mind sending me the LOTF essays too please?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jLou711)
    Do you mind sending me the LOTF essays too please?
    Ok
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Thank you so much, they were really helpful
    +rep
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    +rep
    No problem! Glad to help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

plz if u dont mind plz send me the essays as well, i would be really gratefull to u and it could really help my grade in english lang and lit.
    Thanks in Advance.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trentjoseph007)
    plz if u dont mind plz send me the essays as well, i would be really gratefull to u and it could really help my grade in english lang and lit.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Hey, would you mind asking one of the people I've sent them to above as I have a horrendous number of documents on my computer and I can't be bothered to find them all again
    Let them know it's fine with me, they should be able to forward my message to you from their inbox
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well this doesn't look suspicious in the slightest :sexface:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Well this doesn't look suspicious in the slightest :sexface:
    Haha, well I've got my certificates so I don't really mind :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    +rep
    can u plz forward that work from ur inbox... it would really help me pull up my grade in english thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well I've got my certificates so I don't really mind :P
    others dont really seem to respond ...........can u plz try...:confused:
    i got an exam next week....
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    done, managed to find a way to do it quickly not sure what you're studying so just sent everything, hopefully the exam hasn't changed too much.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    done, managed to find a way to do it quickly not sure what you're studying so just sent everything, hopefully the exam hasn't changed too much.
    u are the bestt i so wish i can get ab A* like u
    thanks for the help again..
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    you wouldn't mind sending me them as well..?

I desperately want to get a good grade for my English exam this year!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedaa)
    you wouldn't mind sending me them as well..?

I desperately want to get a good grade for my English exam this year!
    Which texts are you studying?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Carol Ann Duffy..

would you mind sending all of them though?
    I really really want to see how an A* essay looks like in comparison to the lower grade essays and what type of things I need to improve on..

Thanks in Advance!
Updated: May 20, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.