Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2012 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)

Good memories.

:cool:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DScofield)
    Perhaps a merc on the front row then?
    Tipping Schu for front row.

Not sure what's wrong with Rosberg, where he ends up is anyone's guess.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    ... their degradation issues...
    Tyre deg is fine. It's whether or not they can keep the tyres working in the correct operating window will decide how the race pans out.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    In an hour's program there's about 15-20 mins of ad breaks. What I tend to do is put it on record and tune in 20 mins after so I can fast forward the breaks. By the end of the 40 mins you'll have pretty much caught up to the live feed and will be in sync to watch the race start live.
    I used to do that with TV shows when with parents and sky plus. Nowadays i just have the computer and Sky Go so have to watch things live. I can get the live timing up on other screen as well this way so it's more fun.

(Original post by f1mad)
    Tyre deg is fine. It's whether or not they can keep the tyres working in the correct operating window will decide how the race pans out.
    Yea, that's it. Heard they can get the tyres up to temp for a single lap really well but after that they were overheating or something causing excess deg?Or something along those lines...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)

Good memories.

:cool:
    Indeed! :yep: Hopefully he can just have a normal race this weekend and show the potential of the car.

I used to do that with TV shows when with parents and sky plus. Nowadays i just have the computer and Sky Go so have to watch things live. I can get the live timing up on other screen as well this way so it's more fun.
    Oh I see, might be better off watching the BBC feed then because I would struggle to stay awake during the breaks at these early morning times. Saying that, I'd rather miss qualifying from sleeping then watch Jake but that's just me.
    Speaking of live timing, has anybody seen the price of the official F1 timing app for iPhone? It's £20 :facepalm2:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yea, that's it. Heard they can get the tyres up to temp for a single lap really well but after that they were overheating or something causing excess deg?Or something along those lines...
    Sort of.

In effect they have built a car that has too a narrow performance window. Once they drop out of that window, the pace is gone (i.e Australia and Malaysia).
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Ferrari looks a right dog.

Going to be a tough race for the Scuderia, particularly if it stays dry.

Qualifying, it'll be even worse: lack of top speed will hinder them badly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of live timing, has anybody seen the price of the official F1 timing app for iPhone? It's £20 :facepalm2:
    Yep, the Android one is the same. Absolute disgrace; the free 2011 app was excellent.

DAMN YOU BERNIE!!!!!!!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think Button is looking weak, having trouble with setups, and Hamilton is hampered by his grid penalty. Could be Vettel or Webber winning the race, but Pole is anyone's guess. I think Hamilton will clock the fastest time, but that's 5th on the grid. Maybe Schumacher starting at the front on Sunday?

I hope Schumacher can win the race (his last win was China 2006) but those Mercs are awful on race pace.

And if it's wet, then it's a complete lottery. Even the McLarens are back in with a shout if it's wet!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Righto, off to bed.

Seeya in the morning.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, might be better off watching the BBC feed then because I would struggle to stay awake during the breaks at these early morning times. Saying that, I'd rather miss qualifying from sleeping then watch Jake but that's just me.
    Tbh i'll watch on sky go and then just browse TSR/internet during adverts...

I know ffs. Although it was always slow/laggy last year anyway. If i'm home i'll use computer live timing and if i'm out i like to avoid the result then watch it on repeat when i get back.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I think Button is looking weak, having trouble with setups, and Hamilton is hampered by his grid penalty. Could be Vettel or Webber winning the race, but Pole is anyone's guess. I think Hamilton will clock the fastest time, but that's 5th on the grid. Maybe Schumacher starting at the front on Sunday?
    Well, 6th to be precise
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Assuming a dry race with no safety cars/red flags then my predictions are...

Qualy...

1) Button
    2) Rosberg
    3) Schumi

Race..

1) Button
    2) Vettel
    3) Schumi
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i'll watch on sky go and then just browse TSR/internet during adverts...
    Agree, since there are no ads on sky during green flags in Quali & Race it's not a big deal if you have a choice; during qualifying ads have gotta be better than listening to EJ!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicting a Hamilton pole and win, despite his penalty. I don't think anyone will be able touch the McLarens in race trim and Button's been complaining about scores of understeer which is reflected in his practice times. A lot of teams seem to be struggling, whether it be one-lap pace, race pace or just general pace. Dare I say it, I think the Red Bulls are the only team that'll be able to challenge the McLarens in the race.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hamilton is looking really quick. Given his penalty, I wonder if he'll opt to qualify on the primes and try a different strategy..
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    should be a good qualifying session, hopefully Hamilton can be near the front even with penalty, Button on pole for first time with McLaren would be good :yy:
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Up for quali. Sleepy...

Regretting putting MSC first, think it will be BUT now... Hmmm
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was just going to watch on the BBC, but realised I'd miss Brundle too much but didn't want to listen to Lazenby as he doesn't interest me so I've bee watching the BBC pre show- so much better IMO, and now got the TV on with the sound on low and the laptop on for sky go.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could Vettel be out in P1?

Torro Rosso have allowed him to stay in contention for pole xD

Conspiracy theories anyone?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.