The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS1 - 14th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Smeemi
Thanks :smile:. You could class it as a retake but I got an A originally :tongue:. I'm doing A2 now, have unit 4 in June :smile:.

Oh well done you!! Good luck with unit 4 :biggrin:
Reply 401
Original post by jk122
It was not the first 3 months it was for the whole year

For that question it was actually just for the first 3 months. I remember because I did the whole year and first and then re read the question and had to change my answer
Reply 402
Sat the exam today.
Also sat the exam in January and got a C, but resat it today.

Not gonna lie, today's exam was a lot harder than January's.
I was more prepared for this exam then before. I'll be lucky if i pass this time.
I didn't do business at GCSE, but the case-study didn't have many points to say about it, if that makes sense, i.e what to analysis, which related to the question

I dunno how everyone else thought it went, would love to hear your comments, either on here or via a message (message probs best), but ye will let people know results day.

It doesn't really matter though as im dropping this in September, but it would be nice for some extra UCAS Points for uni!

Shawnee
Reply 403
Original post by jk122
Oh well done you!! Good luck with unit 4 :biggrin:

Reply 404
Original post by ossR

For that question it was actually just for the first 3 months. I remember because I did the whole year and first and then re read the question and had to change my answer

Omfg!! Are you kiddding mee ahhh guess thats 3 marks down the drain :frown:
Reply 405
Can someone confirm was the budgeted profit meant for the first 3 months or whole year??
Original post by ossR

Thank you. The majority of people did the profit for the whole year :s-smilie: When the question clearly said, calculated the budgeted profit for the first three months, and at the end it had in brackets (Nov-Jan)
What answer did you get?
Reply 407
Original post by jk122
Omfg!! Are you kiddding mee ahhh guess thats 3 marks down the drain :frown:

Was there not one question for 3 months and the other for the year? I know it was for different things
Reply 408
Original post by homousandfalafel
Thank you. The majority of people did the profit for the whole year :s-smilie: When the question clearly said, calculated the budgeted profit for the first three months, and at the end it had in brackets (Nov-Jan)
What answer did you get?

No it did not. That was the added value question.

The profit one was for the whole year.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jk122
Can someone confirm was the budgeted profit meant for the first 3 months or whole year??

The first three months.
Reply 410
The first three months.

If you are saying that the budgeted profit was for 3 months, then what do you think the added value was for then?

Also, what are your answers?
Reply 411
The first three months.

F*** sakeee im pissssed
The first three months.

Nope, budgeted profit was for the whole year. (had to add up quarterly incomes and quarterly expenditures and then subtract total expenditure from total income)

This led to an answer of £18,000ish

The value added question was for three months, which was calculated by doing the sales revenue from party bags for Q1 - variable costs from Q1 :smile:
Reply 413
Original post by HeyyImRyan
Nope, budgeted profit was for the whole year. (had to add up quarterly incomes and quarterly expenditures and then subtract total expenditure from total income)

The value added question was for three months, which was calculated by doing the sales revenue from party bags for Q1 - variable costs from Q1 :smile:

Yeah. It was exactly £18,750 I think.

Ryan's right.
Reply 415
Not too bad the breakeven was hard and i did not even acknowledge that her car broke down :s-smilie: but the rest went pretty well :smile:
Reply 416
Original post by mackso
Not too bad the breakeven was hard and i did not even acknowledge that her car broke down :s-smilie: but the rest went pretty well :smile:

Did we need to take this into consideration?
Reply 417
For the change in total costs for the break even question (1e) i think it was , could you of done : there was an increase in variable costs by £20 for one unit , therefore for 100 units , that's a £2000 increase onto the total costs , therefore increase the total costs line up by 2 little squares above the 100 units mark , as one little square was worth £1000? Then just placed a line going across this coordinate . Very confused at this question and struggling to think of a CORRECT method to tackle this question .
Reply 418
Original post by KieranIp
For the change in total costs for the break even question (1e) i think it was , could you of done : there was an increase in variable costs by £20 for one unit , therefore for 100 units , that's a £2000 increase onto the total costs , therefore increase the total costs line up by 2 little squares above the 100 units mark , as one little square was worth £1000? Then just placed a line going across this coordinate . Very confused at this question and struggling to think of a CORRECT method to tackle this question .

//
(edited 11 years ago)

Oh maybe your right, I thought it was for 3 months as i dont remember there being a question on calculating anything for the whole year. My memory is really bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending