Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complete lack of motivation!

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from a good university for 2012/2013 and have to get high grades to get in. Even though I am excited to go, I'm not going to get in unless I find some motivation to revise!

I get annoyed at myself when I waste a day not revising and then promise to do lots the next day. It never happens and its so annoying!

How do you motivate yourself to do it? Need some ideas asap
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you study?

Where are you going to be going?

I need AAA and im struggling with motivation too Might just stick around here.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undergrad2012)
    I have an offer from a good university for 2012/2013 and have to get high grades to get in. Even though I am excited to go, I'm not going to get in unless I find some motivation to revise!

I get annoyed at myself when I waste a day not revising and then promise to do lots the next day. It never happens and its so annoying!

How do you motivate yourself to do it? Need some ideas asap
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0wm4n)
    I would read this, but I don't have the motivation.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybeany)
    What do you study?

Where are you going to be going?

I need AAA and im struggling with motivation too Might just stick around here.
    English lit, History, Psychology and English Lang. What about you ?

Will (hopefully) be going to Bristol but I won't be the way it's going! I need AAA too and its manageable for me if I just revised :/ I go through phases where I'm really motivated and others where I just want to laze around all day -.-
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:

Will (hopefully) be going to Bristol but I won't be the way it's going! I need AAA too and its manageable for me if I just revised :/ I go through phases where I'm really motivated and others where I just want to laze around all day -.-
    Zomfg I have the first three, the other is Sociology instead of Lang.

I'm doing AS and have 0 motivation. FFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

I cant even manage with 3! Hopefully doing law at birmingham.

I do Biology Law and Sociology Im doing 7 exams in May/June thought cus of resits. Gahh.

I do have motivation as i really want to go to Uni but when i look at how much ive done and how long it takes me im gutted!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Zomfg I have the first three, the other is Sociology instead of Lang.

I'm doing AS and have 0 motivation. FFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    You can always get away with it at AS as you have plenty of time to resit
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybeany)
    I cant even manage with 3! Hopefully doing law at birmingham.

I do Biology Law and Sociology Im doing 7 exams in May/June thought cus of resits. Gahh.

I do have motivation as i really want to go to Uni but when i look at how much ive done and how long it takes me im gutted!!
    I will be doing law too!

Eurgh, Biology, you're brave! I'm nervous because we can't resit the next ones if we mess up that's uni out of the picture for 2012 entry anyway :/ it seems to take forever to revise one part of a subject then I realise how much more is left and just give up
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same here . I'm doing 9 AS exams this May.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    wait until you get to uni- third year project is killing me, can't get riled up over it and im scared i dont have the motivation to just crack on.... :/
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    wait until you get to uni- third year project is killing me, can't get riled up over it and im scared i dont have the motivation to just crack on.... :/
    I'm hoping that in uni I will be more enthusiastic because I'll be doing the subject I want to do? Is this true or not? :/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Woah 9! I feel like I should stop complaining now haha.
    Good luck though and remember you can resit

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.