The Student Room Group

Does your parents swear (at you)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yes and I have also sworn at them. We don't seem to take swear words so seriously, after all it's just a word.

I remember my Dad calling my brother the 'c' word once, that was a little to far.
Reply 61
Original post by tobeamedic
I have seen some parents (especially mums) swearing at their 10 year old sons (like in supermarkets). Example: "f******* hell, just keep it there".

Personally I think this is very bad parenting.

No, no one swears in my house...

I agree. The sad part is, swearing is such a basic part of our lives now that it doesn't matter. Verbally abusing your children results in making them add dirt into their own vocabulary.
Swearing is forbidden in my house I wouldn't even know what swearing was if I hadn't picked it up at school :laugh:
No, my parents do not swear on me or my any sister or brother. Not even on their own. They do not use to, to swearing... :smile:
LOL, all the time.

In various different languages too. :colonhash:

It's funny when they say "son of a ______" because it just goes back to them :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 65
I really wish I could say no, but unfortunately yes and it is not nice :frown:
Reply 66
no
No, can't remember ever hearing one of them swear
I'm curious as to what folks mean when they say
Yeah but of we dod swear at are kids they wpuld tecnolly be able to do it back
I mean my parents don't swear directly at me, there is something called MANNERS and RESPECT in the household
Reply 71
I also personally do not think that swear words in themselves are any less civilised than any other words. my parents swear on ocassion though usually in ageneral sense rather than directed anyone and i swear fairly often though once again usually when larking about with my mates of just in a general sense. that is where I think the main discussion lies as wether or not swearing is ok or not in my opinion really comes from the intent of the swear. if used in a joking or just general manner then i have no problem with it. its only when its directed at somebody that i would consider it offensive.
My parents both swear, although it is never usually directed at me (unless they're really angry)!! I, and the rest of my family, also swear fairly often in front of them, so it's kind of normal in our house in a way. But never usually directed at anyone in particular.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Yes, but never when I was 10.

my parents have sworn all of our lives and honestly we are used to it now
My mum swears when something goes wrong and when she shouts at me I feel like theres nobody to trust and then everything I do I always do something wrong but I can't change that it's like my heart has broke into a billion pieces and nobody can fix it
My mum always swears at me and I’m looking for advice I’m only 11
Original post by m93100
I really wish I could say no, but unfortunately yes and it is not nice :frown:

I agree my mum always swears at me when it’s never my fault
Reply 77
Yes, they have been aggressive and sworn both at and around me since I can remember. Never sworn in front of them, but I'm starting to now because the one-way nature is unbearable.
All the time, cant even let one sentence out without a swear word in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending