Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which mens shoes for the office...

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio)
    Try and find something with a rounder toe.
    I agree it's way too pointy, zara has some pretty good ones (but what do I know?)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're working in an office not on a catwalk.

Next (Ba dum tsh).
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't like either. I would go for a more classic shoe, like the one below, especially for the office.

http://sartoriallife.com/wp-content/...ark-Avenue.jpg

(Now I realize that Allen Edmonds is probably too expensive, but it will give you a sense of what you should be looking for IMO)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chr0n)
    I don't like either. I would go for a more classic shoe, like the one below, especially for the office.

http://sartoriallife.com/wp-content/...ark-Avenue.jpg

(Now I realize that Allen Edmonds is probably too expensive, but it will give you a sense of what you should be looking for IMO)
    Allen Edmonds looks good, but with the price of the RI/Next shoes around the £40-£50 mark I think Zara seems more realistic.

I don't understand why people would wear pointy shoes in the first place. :dontknow:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngtory)
    Allen Edmonds looks good, but with the price of the RI/Next shoes around the £40-£50 mark I think Zara seems more realistic.

I don't understand why people would wear pointy shoes in the first place. :dontknow:
    That's true. I just wanted to give him a direction what he should be looking for. There are plenty of brands that make cheaper shoes. However, if he doesn't even know what he is looking for he will be lost and is gonna end up with the shoes he posted .

I must confess I have one pair of pointy shoes - from a few years ago, when I was as inexperienced. I haven't worn them in ages, biggest waste of money ever.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chr0n)
    That's true. I just wanted to give him a direction what he should be looking for. There are plenty of brands that make cheaper shoes. However, if he doesn't even know what he is looking for he will be lost and is gonna end up with the shoes he posted .

I must confess I have one pair of pointy shoes - from a few years ago, when I was as inexperienced. I haven't worn them in ages, biggest waste of money ever.
    That would be a tragedy. OP, go for some nice Oxfords. They're practical, versatile and likely more durable than the ones you posted. And on top of that they're definitely the smartest shoes for the workplace. Say no to Winklepickers!

Haha oh dear, we'll just put it down to everyone going a little crazy when they were a teenager

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.