The Student Room Group

15/4/12 - Manchester United vs Aston Villa

Scroll to see replies

The problem is there isn't enough incentive for players to stay on their feet. If they go down theatrically the worst that can happen is a freekick to the opponents in their own box.

I'd like that, if a dive can be proved, the decision is reversed. I.e. a penalty to the other team. Yellow cards for diving should also carry across games, so if you are caught diving twice in a season you automatically get a ban.
btw where do some of you guys get your gif's?
Not sure if true but when Welbeck scored, Evra's cross was so weak the ball almost stopped and Welbeck shouted at the inexperienced Villa player to leave it. He did and Welbeck just took it. Going to have to watch MOTD2 tonight to see if ths is true.
Original post by River85
There was contact, people. You can't see it well on that gif though.

The minimal contact there was was completely forced by Young. He literally pushed his foot into the defender's. Nobody with 2 good knees runs like that.
Reply 124
Oh crap! Heskey!
I hate how when Foreign players do it, then the media comes hard on them. But the when our own players do it the pundits say **** all about.
Original post by Guru Jason
Not sure if true but when Welbeck scored, Evra's cross was so weak the ball almost stopped and Welbeck shouted at the inexperienced Villa player to leave it. He did and Welbeck just took it. Going to have to watch MOTD2 tonight to see if ths is true.

Yeah, that never happened.

Did you know that they removed 'gullible' from the dictionary?
Ouch :eek:
Reply 128
Original post by Tommyjw
And the commentators on mine said it was.

LKike i said, everyone ignores the actual contact made.. which makes it a penalty. It was theatrical indeed, but that doesnt stop it being a penalty.

Sad children.

You don't magically get a penalty if someone touches you and there is contact in the penalty box, he had no need so go over and dive like that!
Original post by Infallible
Yeah, that never happened.

Did you know that they removed 'gullible' from the dictionary?

Did it not happen? I was hoping it did.
Lol at people still on about Young.
Rooney is having a shocker.. his loss of a yard of pace is also becoming apparent.
Rooney has been ****. Get him off for Berba, please.
Reply 133
rooney's been so **** today... best CF in the world?..... not even close atm
Reply 134
WTF Rooney you ****
Reply 135
Rooney is playing so ****
Reply 136
Original post by samir12
So why do United fans bark on how Suarez dives when Young does it himself, hypocrisy as its best.

I think you need to check the definition of hypocrisy.

Did Young dive last weekend? Yes and it was disgraceful. Did he dive today, there was contact but still certainly simulation and deserving of a yellow. I do not want to win the title through my players diving/simulating and if Young continues doing it he can sod off.

There. I'm certainly not being hypocritical. Now I can continue to criticise Suarez too. I'm probably even more critical of my own players.
Rooney has been awful
this is a disgrace to football. united constantly relying on decisions going their way

really hope city win it, at least they can actually play ball

mugs
Reply 139
Penalty or not, Young is an absolute disgrace to the league and his team. The FA really need to start implementing retrospective bans for divers, otherwise players will continue trying to con the refs.

Quick Reply

Latest