The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Univerisity of Hertfordshire - Accomodation and stuff :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by StephMusic
:eek: you're bringing your xbox?? Must. be. in. same. halls. :cool:

Of course!! I wouldn't go anywhere without it, going to buy another year of live sometime soon so I won't be without when I'm there too :').
Bringing as many of my other consoles as possible too. :L
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

I'm in dreamland.
Reply 82
VRS
OP
Original post by Pop_tart
Are you talking about your a level grades or grades at the university?

A level grades
Reply 83
Here's to hoping we get the best flatmates

- ones that can clean up after themselves
- ones who don't break or steal things
- ones who respect you
- fun, and serious, flatmates
- ones who won't rat you out
&
- ones who bring xboxes
&
- the ones who aren't pervs

:biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by Apixe
Of course!! I wouldn't go anywhere without it, going to buy another year of live sometime soon so I won't be without when I'm there too :').
Bringing as many of my other consoles as possible too. :L

Original post by SuarezAlonso
I'm in dreamland.

Yay xbox people :biggrin:

I don't have that many consoles, only xbox, wii & ps2, but can't bring any because they're "family property" - my dad and sis use them just as much as me.... :/
Here's to hoping we get the best flatmates

- ones that can clean up after themselves
- ones who don't break or steal things
- ones who respect you
- fun, and serious, flatmates
- ones who won't rat you out
&
- ones who bring xboxes
&
- the ones who aren't pervs

Sounds like me, except I'll probably be on college lane rather then de hav :biggrin:
Reply 86
Yay xbox people :biggrin:

I don't have that many consoles, only xbox, wii & ps2, but can't bring any because they're "family property" - my dad and sis use them just as much as me.... :/

Awh.
I think most of mine are going to live in my attic until I have somewhere more permanent to live, but the xbox and snes are definitely following me, possibly the ps1 and megadrive too :')

... This site is too distracting. <.< Trying to start my sketchbook to be a little ahead in graphics tomorrow but I'm here with loads of google windows open, pages of information in front of me.. and still a blank sketchbook 'cause I'm on here..tut xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by Apixe
Awh.
I think most of mine are going to live in my attic until I have somewhere more permanent to live, but the xbox and snes are definitely following me, possibly the ps1 and megadrive too :')

... This site is too distracting. <.< Trying to start my sketchbook to be a little ahead in graphics tomorrow but I'm here with loads of google windows open, pages of information in front of me.. and still a blank sketchbook 'cause I'm on here..tut xD

Distracting me too. My IB exams start tomorrow :s-smilie: , that determines if I get into Herts... at least its only English tomorrow :smile:

Good luck with getting your sketch book done :smile: -- haha, just an idea, you could try drawing the google windows & distort them or something :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 88
Original post by Apixe
... I am the most unhealthy person ever.
Ooh i don't know, I think I can beat you on that one :tongue:

Original post by SuarezAlonso

A girl that plays Xbox!

Me and you will get on very well!

I'm also swaying towards DeHav, mainly because all business courses are there.

I think we'll all get on very well if we all like XBox and games! :tongue:
Reply 89
Distracting me too. My IB exams start tomorrow :s-smilie: , that determines if I get into Herts... at least its only English tomorrow :smile:

Good luck with getting your sketch book done :smile: -- haha, just an idea, you could try drawing the google windows & distort them or something :tongue: :biggrin:

Ooo well good luck :smile:)! I'm sure you'll easily pass and we'll see you in Herts:smile:

Original post by Torrent
Ooh i don't know, I think I can beat you on that one :tongue:

I think we'll all get on very well if we all like XBox and games! :tongue:

Ha, I doubt it. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have no money to buy a takeaway nearly everyday :frown:.

And indeed wouldn't it be awesome if we got placed near each other :') as bloody unlikely as it is haha
Why is everyone so obsessed with getting their own shower, I really don't understand this tbh. I mean you're going to have to share in your second year anyway? I just don't think its worth the extra 15 or so quid a week, especially if it means you have to travel to College Lane everyday, just for the sake of a shower.

In other news, I wish the accommodation from would hurry up and appear, I really don't want to miss out.
Reply 91
Original post by LastHype
Why is everyone so obsessed with getting their own shower, I really don't understand this tbh. I mean you're going to have to share in your second year anyway? I just don't think its worth the extra 15 or so quid a week, especially if it means you have to travel to College Lane everyday, just for the sake of a shower.

In other news, I wish the accommodation from would hurry up and appear, I really don't want to miss out.

It's not just that. When I visited the College Lane halls, I can't remember which, they didn't seem homely, it didn't seem like -anything- I did there would make me feel like I belonged there :s-smilie:
Also they just didn't look clean enough. Maybe I have high standards, but they were like some i stayed in at UCLAN at a summer school, which were disgusting. They reminded me of that, and I didn't even want to return to my room at night it was so bleugh.

And travel?
5mins on a free bus, or a 10-15 minute walk is nothing.. I have a 1-2 hr (one way) travel to college on a bus which isn't covered by my college so I have to pay full price (£20 a week compared to £10 a term for people in my class) just because I wanted to go to the best college I could for what I want to do.. so living somewhere I WANT to live for a very short journey is nothing compared. But each to their own. :smile:

Also someone posted earlier that they applied on results day and still got a place for accommodation so late - so I don't think you have much chance of 'missing out' but I get what you mean anyhow. I can't wait for them to come out >_<
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by Apixe
Ooo well good luck :smile:)! I'm sure you'll easily pass and we'll see you in Herts:smile:

Ha, I doubt it. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have no money to buy a takeaway nearly everyday :frown:.

And indeed wouldn't it be awesome if we got placed near each other :') as bloody unlikely as it is haha

Thanks :smile: and (at least in the 2011/12 form) there is a box to put names of people you want to be with, but i don't think you can write "anyone with an xbox" :P

Original post by LastHype

I need my own shower because i'm slightly OCD and the first year you house with people you have never met in your life & you don't know any of their habits or the like. The second year you get a group of people you know and rent together, you don't get randomly allocated. I do better when I know the people I have to share things like showers and toilets with.
- i guess the good thing is that anyone who houses with me, or rents a flat with for second year with me, gets someone who keeps things clean :tongue: (can't help that I'm somewhat OCDish :s-smilie: but i try to be normal :smile: )
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 93
Thanks :smile: and (at least in the 2011/12 form) there is a box to put names of people you want to be with, but i don't think you can write "anyone with an xbox" :P

I heard this too buuuttt. you can only choose one persons name and yeah, I think that'll be clear :frown: haha
Reply 94
Original post by Apixe
It's not just that. When I visited the College Lane halls, I can't remember which, they didn't seem homely, it didn't seem like -anything- I did there would make me feel like I belonged there :s-smilie:
Also they just didn't look clean enough. Maybe I have high standards, but they were like some i stayed in at UCLAN at a summer school, which were disgusting. They reminded me of that, and I didn't even want to return to my room at night it was so bleugh.

Clean Clean Clean :biggrin:

Original post by Apixe

And travel?
5mins on a free bus, or a 10-15 minute walk is nothing.. I have a 1-2 hr (one way) travel to college on a bus which isn't covered by my college so I have to pay full price (£20 a week compared to £10 a term for people in my class) just because I wanted to go to the best college I could for what I want to do.. so living somewhere I WANT to live for a very short journey is nothing compared. But each to their own. :smile:

Wow. It takes me an hour for bus & walk every day (1 way) and bus only once an hour, on good days (sundays/holidays, bus comes only 3 times on the day to my closest bus stop) -_- ... but 2 hours wow.

& that PRICE?? is that what all travel cost is like in the UK?!? (haven't lived there for 10 years). For me it's 50€ a year for a "JumboCart" (for up to 25yrs old or 60+yrs) and you can take any bus or any train (within the country) for free, as many times as you want!! only for adults you get a card, where u put money on and deduct it, like an oyster card, but even then, most people don't on buses :tongue: (but 350€ fine if there's no valid ticket), but no one checks, even the driver just lets anyone pass - but i guess my country can afford it? or else they would have done something about it?
(haha I only found out recently that Hertfordshire alone has twice as many people as the whole country of Luxembourg... :P ) (& bus drivers in Luxembourg get payed more than the teachers at my school - around 75,000€ a year :tongue: outrageous)
I always assumed there was a similar system in the UK..... urgh it's gonna cost a fortune to travel.
whats the price for a bus ticket? (where i live its €1.50 for an hour, is it similar in the UK?)
Reply 95
Clean Clean Clean :biggrin:

Wow. It takes me an hour for bus & walk every day (1 way) and bus only once an hour, on good days (sundays/holidays, bus comes only 3 times on the day to my closest bus stop) -_- ... but 2 hours wow.

& that PRICE?? is that what all travel cost is like in the UK?!? (haven't lived there for 10 years). For me it's 50€ a year for a "JumboCart" (for up to 25yrs old or 60+yrs) and you can take any bus or any train (within the country) for free, as many times as you want!! only for adults you get a card, where u put money on and deduct it, like an oyster card, but even then, most people don't on buses :tongue: (but 350€ fine if there's no valid ticket), but no one checks, even the driver just lets anyone pass - but i guess my country can afford it? or else they would have done something about it?
(haha I only found out recently that Hertfordshire alone has twice as many people as the whole country of Luxembourg... :P ) (& bus drivers in Luxembourg get payed more than the teachers at my school - around 75,000€ a year :tongue: outrageous)
I always assumed there was a similar system in the UK..... urgh it's gonna cost a fortune to travel.
whats the price for a bus ticket? (where i live its €1.50 for an hour, is it similar in the UK?)

Herts has lower prices.. I believe.
I live in the countryside where no major bus companies will go to (Such as First, Arriva etc) so my company is only local and doesn't get much funding.. hence the prices, and there's nothing for them to compete with so it's sky high!
In the nearest city, people are complaining because their bus prices have gone up to £3.40 for a daily ticket.. my daily ticket is £4.50! Their weekly tickets are around £13/14 whereas ours are £19..
It depends where you live really. But I am lead to believe if you're not in the middle of no where ( like i've always been!) it's much cheaper!
Reply 96
Original post by Apixe
I live in the countryside where no major bus companies will go to (Such as First, Arriva etc) so my company is only local and doesn't get much funding.. hence the prices, and there's nothing for them to compete with so it's sky high!
In the nearest city, people are complaining because their bus prices have gone up to £3.40 for a daily ticket.. my daily ticket is £4.50! Their weekly tickets are around £13/14 whereas ours are £19..
It depends where you live really. But I am lead to believe if you're not in the middle of no where ( like i've always been!) it's much cheaper!

Good yay :smile:
I live in the countryside too atm, in Luxembourg, hence why there's only 1 bus every hour, and the stop after mine is an 40-50mins walk away -_- But I think it's a more social country, hence tickets are all the same whether its a city bus or a coach like the one I get. (its kinda cool though, because the company, or at least the design only does my area/route, so when I'm waiting in town to change buses I always know its my bus without seeing the number :tongue: )
At least it'll be cheaper for you when you start at Herts! :biggrin:
Reply 97
Still nothing on the site yet >_>
Reply 98
Original post by Torrent
Still nothing on the site yet >_>

SO IMPATIENT NOWWWW. >_<

I live in the countryside too atm, in Luxembourg, hence why there's only 1 bus every hour, and the stop after mine is an 40-50mins walk away -_- But I think it's a more social country, hence tickets are all the same whether its a city bus or a coach like the one I get. (its kinda cool though, because the company, or at least the design only does my area/route, so when I'm waiting in town to change buses I always know its my bus without seeing the number :tongue: )
At least it'll be cheaper for you when you start at Herts! :biggrin:

Ahh, I have a stop near me but it doesn't go to the same place soo.. It can take up to 2 hrs, but it's usually like 40mins - an hour :').
That sounds pretty cool ;D.
Yeah I can't wait to move really.
Reply 99

Original post by Apixe

I'm afraid not :/ Atleast not for the ordinary household - Day tickets are £5 here though you can buy a week card for £20.

For students it's £3 or £4 for a day ticket depending on the zone you are traveling to.

Have a look on here for more information: http://www.unobus.info/fares.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending