The Student Room Group

how to choose a foundation course?

hello everybody,

I would like to ask for advice about how to choose the "right" foundation-course to apply for...of course it's a bit early (I am thinking of an entry in autumn 2013) but maybe there will be some people here who currently finish their foundation-year and can speak about their experiences...

I would like to take a one-year foundation (at least one thing that I know :smile:) and later go on to photography or fine arts. the fact is that I read a lot about how this foundation year allows oneself to discover different methods and techniques and it's exactly this which is appealing to me before specializing...

some informations about me: I am austrian and I currently live in france. I already have a university degree (mphil) but in a completely different field and now it's time for me to follow the real passion :wink:

the problem now is that the offer of different foundation-, or "access to higher art education"- courses in the UK is just overwhelming for me, both because I often don't really get the subtle differences between these courses and then also because I don't know neither the universities nor the cities they are located in, their reputation and so on...:confused: to visit "open days" would help I guess but I can't possibly visit all the schools who offer such courses...

I would be very grateful for any kind of clarifications or advice, your experiences, in short everything that could help to get some clarity on this issue!

thanks a lot and good luck for those who are currently in the application-process!

Quick Reply

Latest