Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best player at Euro 2012?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will be the best player at Euro 2012?

Cristiano Ronaldo?

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hard to say. I reckon Portugal will get knocked out in the group stage, seeing as they are in with Germany and the Netherlands.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jonathan Walters
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If RVP can stay fit he will be absolutely deadly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could be anyone really, depends on how the teams play I think, I'm just hoping Mick McCarthy is one of the commentators
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Silva
    Gotze
    Reus
    Munian
    Chamberlain

Better of naming some wildshots than players who have already proved themselves on the international stage. I can see a few Ozil situations happening though (play great at the tournament than get snapped up by a huge club).
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Silva
    Gotze
    Reus
    Munian
    Chamberlain

Better of naming some wildshots than players who have already proved themselves on the international stage. I can see a few Ozil situations happening though (play great at the tournament than get snapped up by a huge club).
    I hope Gotze, but I don't think so seeing as he is injured for quite some time now.

Andres Iniesta.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hatem Ben Arfa. :teeth:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably one of the Spanish midfielders. Since he's more likely to start every game due to Villa's injury, I'll say Fabregas. Seems to always deliver for Spain, even as a substitute so if he gets an extended run in the team I imagine he'll do even better.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keep an eye out for Giovinco if he's called up. Strootman for Holland also.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Arjen Robben. He's starting to hit good form again, and he's just as good as Ronaldo when he plays well.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm going Fabregas providing he gets to start majority/all games. He deserves the opportunity.

Wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Benzema have a blinder.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ozil, loads of the french youngsters.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So many great players. I hope it'll be a fantastic tournament.

I think Germany have a great young squad. Worth watching out for.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gotze will be one to watch out for. Also, Lllorente and Munian both looked good for Bilbao, be good to see if they can break into the Spain team.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scholesy if he goes!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRSmith29395)
    Scholesy if he goes!
    He better not go!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Scholes has been one of the best players in the league this season (certainly one of the best for English players).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Why not? Scholes has been one of the best players in the league this season (certainly one of the best for English players).
    But would you not say that Scholes is perfect in games where you expect to control the game, have a lot of possession, pinned back opposition and time.

Imo at the Euros, we may have that in the groups (but even then we have a tough group) but in the latter stages, we won't have that.

We should set up to be a powerful counterattacking side which presses hard. Welbeck/Rooney up front are hard working and have enough pace to counter.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Because people always argue we should leave out Lampard/Barry/Gerrard/Carrick/Terry/Ferdinand etc, but then they want a 36 year old, who retired from England when he was still in his 20's, to play? :confused:

Rather give the chance to younger players I thought was the general opinion, right?

I reckon Llorente or Soldado might cement their place in the Spanish squad at this tournament, not much chance of Torres having a good one...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.