The Student Room Group

What do YOU do when you see a spider in your room?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
"muuuuuuum!!!!!!"
Original post by Bellissima
scream...

then throw various objects at it until it dies.

no i'm not proud of myself :frown:

It's ok I've seen grown men do that too, and worse.

Original post by philistine
Put 'er there, brotato.

:lol: "Brotato" Love it
i use a spider catcher
it's actually called one
get one everyone! from ebay! life changing!
it's a long stick with like lots of wired string is all i can describe it as aha that captures it without harming it and you can just release it outside
not scary at all as you don't have to get close to it
Reply 183
Run around screaming while keeping away from it until it either leaves, is dealt with by someone elses, or dies of old age.

I am 6'4" and I wish I was joking.

In my defence, we lived in Africa for a while when I was much younger and if I misbehaved the nanny locked me in the (spider infested) broom cupboard with the lights out, I could feel the bastards running over my body. Won't take much psychotherapy to expose that particular phobia's origin.
(edited 12 years ago)
Leave it- but keep an eye out. They can chill in my room but I'd rather them not climb up my leg. Or if it's a beasty looking one I chase it into a dfferent room :p:
Nothing, just ignore it. But if it's near me then I just put it outside (they still freak me out but I don't hurt them). Unless if it's my bedroom then they definitely have to leave - always get freaked by that statistic about how many spiders you swallow in your sleep :lolwut:
Reply 186
Immediate reaction?

"MUM. MUM. MUUUUUUM."
Reply 187
Don't kill them! It only makes things worse...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e4a_1334156442
(edited 12 years ago)
Scream and get my deary mummy. I don't know how I'm going to cope without her in university. Here's to hoping I end up in a flat full of brave people!
make love to it with a matchstick then spray it with a bit of vaseline.
If I'm feeling brave I'll try and squish the spider with my copies of the Twilight series. It's about the only thing those books are useful for. They're thick enough and I don't really care about my copies lol!
If it's small and/or skinny, I leave it.

If it's big and fat I throw stuff at it til it dies. Sometimes I'm brave and I'll move it outside. Whilst sobbing, of course.
Reply 192
During the day I leave it...
During the night, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD KILL IT BEFORE IT EATS MY FACE :eek:
I run away screaming like a little girl, and i wait behind my younger sister until it has moved on. :colondollar:
Scream for my little brother to come kill it. He's 5. And I'm 20. :colondollar:
Reply 195
I call my mum, at least I am honest and aboveboard.
Original post by satisfactionatlast
Scream for my little brother to come kill it. He's 5. And I'm 20. :colondollar:

That is embarrassing a little bit, isn't it? As long as your brother is fearless...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 198
Original post by Kallisto
Am I right in thinking you were still not afraid, if it would not be happened? It stands to reason to have fear concerning a psychosis and hallucinations. Was you ever been by a psychologist due to your fear of spider?

I have no idea. Maybe. Could've been influenced by my older sisters and brother who were terrified by spiders. The psychosis was brought on from trauma or possibly genetic since we have a family history of mental illness. Not by spiders. I have been to a psychiatrist but not for my intense phobia of spiders.
Original post by swaggiee
I get a piece of tissue, capture it, then either; release it if the window is open, or flush it down the toilet. I rarely see one

I become Spiderman.

Quick Reply

Latest