The Student Room Group

What do YOU do when you see a spider in your room?

Scroll to see replies

There's enough cobwebs in my room for them to live on, they don't bother me. Although if I'm annoyed at dad, I'll go and give it to him and then watch him act like a small child, until it goes away.
Original post by Rascacielos

Best invention since sliced bread.

I can't believe you actually have a spider-picker-upper.

Who does the removing, your steward or your butler? :tongue:
Reply 42
Had a fly infestation once. Since then I have not killed or harmed a spider. Flies = one of the greatest pests known to man. Spiders kill flies. Therefore spiders be awesome :smile: . If I see one in my room I tend to smile and think about all the evil flies it will kill and keep away from me and leave it down to its business.
Original post by HSG1992
I can't believe you actually have a spider-picker-upper.

Who does the removing, your steward or your butler? :tongue:

Generally the butler but if he's too busy shining silverware, I'll ask the footman.
Reply 44
Original post by Rascacielos

Best invention since sliced bread.

Where can i get one?

Why did that get a neg? I have severe arachnaphobia which I am trying to combat!
(edited 12 years ago)
If it's small, I leave it.
If it's big then I squeal a lot and try and catch it in a glass if I'm on my own, or call for help if someone else is in the house.
I'd never kill a spider. Not matter how much I hate the big ones.
if it's blue and red, i swallow my fear and try to get it to bite me.. just incase it works you know? :awesome:

if it's massive, then i call the parents even at 2am, one time i put my arm down on my window sill to look outside at some stars, i feel a tickle and a medium sized black spider was just sitting on me, i screamed and shook my arm, i felt like such a knob cos everyone came rushing in

if it's smallish, i make do and i am grateful for the service they provide and fly/bug killers.

hey is that creepy fact of us swallowing 20 spiders a year real? Why would they crawl into my mouth/ear/nostril :afraid: this is mainly why i can't sleep knowing one is in my room and why i cover my entire head with a duvet with only the nostrils exposed for some cool air
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kopite493
spray it with deodorant til its dead

I did this yesterday and it didnt work. Doing it on a wasp works though.
Reply 48
Original post by kopite493
spray it with deodorant til its dead

Original post by PoGo HoPz
Scream for my mummy!!!! :afraid:

Original post by GeneralOJB
Freeze and stare at it, then slowly back off.

Original post by philistine
Well, I begin by having my breathing halted almost completely. After narrowly avoiding a massive coronary episode, I grab the nearest object with considerable heft and beat the ever-loving piss out of it.

Proud arachnophobe.

Original post by knoxuk
This :zomg:

1.jpg
Since I go into hyperactive mode becoz of the anxiety (somewat like picture) .... i manage to do all these things in just about 3-5 mins!!! :biggrin:
Test flight out the window using a cup so the little bastard wont come back. Arachnophobe and well if i see one of them i bring them down.

Back to reality though i get my sister who is good with insects to remove them while i flee to a corner and hide.
Reply 50
Original post by winning11
if it's blue and red, i swallow my fear and try to get it to bite me.. just incase it works you know? :awesome:

if it's massive, then i call the parents even at 2am, one time i put my arm down on my window sill to look outside at some stars, i feel a tickle and a medium sized black spider was just sitting on me, i screamed and shook my arm, i felt like such a knob cos everyone came rushing in

if it's smallish, i make do and i am grateful for the service they provide and fly/bug killers.

hey is that creepy fact of us swallowing 20 spiders a year real? Why would they crawl into my mouth/ear/nostril :afraid: this is mainly why i can't sleep knowing one is in my room and why i cover my entire head with a duvet with only the nostrils exposed for some cool air

Well its not 20 .. its 2 :smile: ... but its true!!! :frown:

And Lizards are way more efficient pest killers .... and they are not creepy!!!

Lizards rock!!! Spiders suck!!!
Original post by Nikstar95
1.jpg
Since I go into hyperactive mode becoz of the anxiety (somewat like picture) .... i manage to do all these things in just about 3-5 mins!!! :biggrin:

Put 'er there, brotato.

Reply 52
Original post by Samz
Get my dad, or my brother haha. Usually my brother cos he puts them outside whereas my dad just flushes them down the toilet and then I feel guilty for the little spider family they might have left behind. :frown:

Ahm... Ahm.... female spiders eat up male spiders once they finished mating with them!!!

[video="youtube;MibJ40rhadI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MibJ40rhadI[/video]

Note: if u did not get the joke!! ASK!! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
depends how big it is. if its quite small then i usually just leave it, they're quite harmless.

but the massive ones like daddy long legs gotta go!! i usually just squash them with my shoe or something
Original post by Hooby
Where can i get one?

ebay.
Reply 55
Depends on the size of it. If it's a huge beastly one I get a glass, trap it under it and release it outside. If it's one of the ones with little bodies but long thin legs I try and grab a leg and take it outside that way. Smaller ones that dangle from the ceiling, I grab the web part and carry it out that way.

Or, if I'm in a horrible mood I squish the little ones under a tissue...
Reply 56
I stealthily stalk it, then drop it with a swift and punitive drop kick to the head! BOY BETTER KNOW!
Reply 57
Original post by philistine
Put 'er there, brotato.

Attachment not found

Right back at you!!!
Attachment not found
:wink:

My fist has become a stupid link !!! :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
I either go for the vacuum, the "Hulk, Smash!" approach or flush down the toilet. Not particularly afraid of spiders, but one of my pet hates are creepy crawlies (and molluscs traipsing about the house)
Reply 59
Original post by MAPW
I stealthily stalk it, then drop it with a swift and punitive drop kick to the head! BOY BETTER KNOW!

Ohhh yeah!!! :rock:

Quick Reply

Latest