Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do YOU do when you see a spider in your room?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eat it

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm joking
    • 42 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jump on a chair and scream like a little bitch

(unless it's a little hopping zebra spider, in which case: pop it in a jar and keep it as a pet on my desk, feeding it the odd midge)

In other news: I've held a tarantula in the past, was soft, bit like holding a hamster o suttin
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If there is anyone in my house (conscious) then I get them to get rid of it for me. If not, like a little while ago when I rolled over in bed and saw a massive one on the pillow next to me, I take a pillow and a book downstairs with me and sleep on the couch.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I leave it be unless it's close to my bed.
    A huge one joined me under the covers once, I felt it crawling around my neck, screamed, and trapped it with one of my candles and a card. Then I turned the candle upside down and left it trapped there to think about what it had done until the morning, when I had planned to release it. Unfortunately, when I woke up, the candle had fallen down from the top of the glass and squashed it. Shame.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    scream...

then throw various objects at it until it dies.

no i'm not proud of myself
    I love your honesty.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSG1992)
    Rather appropriate rebuttal:

Ahaha! Even as an aracnophobe, I find that cute.

I'm too suspicious to hurt them. What if there's a spider karma... I swear all of my friend who are brutal to spiders and kill them have had so many spiders nests by their bed. So I sleep somewhere else, avoid my room for a bit and get someone to help me clean it out after a few days to make sure the spideys have gone.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    usually freeze in fear and stay frozen, just staring at the spider, until someone comes and kills it for me (usually my mum...)

although once i did spray a spider with hairspray and then throw a shoe at it. it seemed dead...but then it TWITCHED! in a blind panic, i grabbed the shoe and hit it multiple times...im pretty sure it died...after that....
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Give it a name and ask it not to crawl upon me whilst I sleep. Spiders saved me the day 5 wasps were in my room at half 6 in the morning one summer they are my friends.

I follow a simple rule with insects- don't touch me and I won't touch you, apart from wasps which were clearly sent from Hellmouth itself.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have a heart attack, run half way down the stairs then end up falling, stumbling or rolling the rest of the way because I go too, too fast. If I fall into the shoe rack near the bottom of my stairs my heart palpitates more vigorously at the thought of there being spiders near it and I start having an anxiety attack (or if it's already started then it gets worse) and I can start shaking intentionally to get the spider off me because I make myself believe that there is one (or 10) on myself or I shake unintentionally because of the fear/anxiety attack. While all of that is happening I run to the closest person to me who isn't scared of spiders (usually mum if she's home) and force them to stop doing what they're doing so they take that bitch out. I mean outside, not kill them :innocent:

If I'm home alone then I resist going into my room my parents (or brother) come home so they can take it out.

I think I might have arachnophobia.

I remember a couple weeks ago I was feeling like a badass and thought it would be funny to Google images of spiders because I wanted to know what my reaction would be. When the pictures came up I had the biggest anxiety attack of my life, felt like I was gonna puke, threw my laptop to the other side of my bed, I could not touch it. I had to ask my sister to close the page. It wasn't pretty.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cry a little bit, then crush it to death with a big dictionary, while shouting things like "die you bastard!!"
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cry, and run and get someone to take it outside. If I'm totally on my own, I'll usually cover it with a big glass and wait for someone else to deal with it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it's a small to medium sized one: "Oh look, its a spider! I shall ignore it and plod along"

Medium to large: "Oh look, its a big spider! I'll be careful so it doesn't eat me"

Large and upwards: "OH MY BLOODY GOD ITS GOING TO SMOTHER ME WITH ITS SPIDERY LEGS AND KILL ME FOR MY ORGANS TO FEED ITS BABIES!"
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kill it or if I'm too frightened get my mam too kill it.I also kill or get my mam to kill every pest that ever appears in the house-sometimes they get away.These creatures should be put in prison for trespassing-if humans entered the house,who weren't allowed,they would be arrested:confused:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    i point my laser at it and pretend its a lightsaber..
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Either chuck it outside or squish it. (depending on how much of a mess squishing it will make)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Call my mum or dad to deal with it I absolutely hate spiders *shivers*
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depending on size, my reaction can be anywhere between picking it up with a tissue/bit of card and completely losing my s***.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing.

If it's a small one, one of my lizards will get it sooner or later.

If it's a big one, it's one of my pet tarantulas.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do nothing as usually they're just passing through. But if it's just sitting there on the carpet then I 'chase' them into a corner and they'll retreat inside the walls of the house, or under the floor. Literally and figuratively sweeping it under the carpet.
    This is of course, for small spiders that we have in this country - a few of the larger ones can bite but it's nothing harmful. If it were a tarantula or something genuinely dangerous, I suspect my reaction would be "oh my god - kill it with fire!"
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leave it be.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 8, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.