Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea, 15 April 2012, 18:00 (FA cup semi-final)

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
  • View Poll Results: Which London team will make the cup final?
    Tottenham
    35.29%
    Chelsea
    64.71%

• 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can the ref not send Cech off? would have been red if bale wasn't there though... 2-1
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Would have been better for Spurs if they had a penalty with Chelsea on 10 men.
    It should be a goal and a red card. That's the idea of a play on. You accept it's a foul but you let the play carry on.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eva :drool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The red is given for denying a goal scoring opportunity and since Bale scored, the red can't be given.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess its because he didnt stop a goalscoring oppurtunity as Bale tapped it in, lucky break for Cech
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Torres)
    It should be a goal and a red card. That's the idea of a play on. You accept it's a foul but you let the play carry on.
    I think this too. This is what should have happened.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't agree with people saying Cech should still have been sent off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookidge)
    Yeah, maybe they should have given the linesman a clearer view while trying to defend their goal.

Idiot.
    before you start cursing you nob i know it was MILES of the line.in which bit in my point did i deny that?!:eek::eek::eek:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    How's it Chelsea's fault? The referee made a terrible decision. Now if Chelsea win the game and go further people are going to remember this goal and how it should never have been.
    Mata wheeled off in celebration even though he had a clear view and would've known it hadn't crossed. He's duped the ref and is just as bad as rolling around on the floor after a tackle to make it seem worse.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    "New football rule being trialled at Wembley, the ball only has to go near the goal to be counted, Torres is ecstatic."
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's not a red card. Tottenham were stupid for continuing with that advantage (or lack of it). They should've taken the penalty and red card. Much more beneficial situation.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was Bale offside?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's hilarious is that apparently (not seen the replay) Bale was offside for that goal. Which just makes this even more hilarious and embarrassing for the officials.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol

Lennon flattened Cole and Kalou.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    How was Bale offside wasn't he behind Adebayor when he got fouled?...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought Bale was behind the ball when Adebayor touched it last :dontknow:

The goal line decision was just horrific, you don't even need technology for that, he should be able to make a decision that easy by himself. I can sympathise with the goal or penalty and red one because whatever the outcome it doesn't quite seem fair, but the first one...:facepalm2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If Rowan Atkinson had a twitter account, imagine the abuse he would get from Spurs fans. :rofl:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Terrible refereeing has marred this game. First Mata's "goal", then a rather dubious decision to not give Cech a card (think at the very least a yellow for what's clearly a foul).

As a Chelsea fan I have to say it doesn't feel good to be ahead like this...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bale is ****ing merking Bosingwa, making him look like a clown :rofl:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Don't agree with people saying Cech should still have been sent off.
    Surely the fact a goal came after is irrelevant to the incident?

If someone denies a goal scoring opportunity by keeping the ball out the net with their hands, but the team is still able to get the rebound and score straight after, the handball is still a red is it not? It should be irrelevant that denying the goal scoring opportunity came before another opportunity straight after.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 16, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.