Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pleeease help.Did I put on my mascara incorrectly?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My sister laughs at me and says I don't know how to put on mascara.I'm bit of tom boy and don't know much about applying make up :/

Also, do my eyebrows look uneven?

Spoiler:
    Show

This is only my second time I've ever applied mascara , so please be kind
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you've got a bit on the skin underneath your lashes. Just get a cotton wool bud and sort that out. And personally I don't like to see so much mascara on the bottom lashes (one layer is plenty for me!) because I think it looks a bit cheap, but that's just me and most girls would probably disagree.

As for your eyebrows, they just need a bit of tidying up. It's a good idea to get them done professionally if you've never tweezed/waxed your own eyebrows before just so you can get them into shape, and then you can maintain that yourself by just tweezing out the ones that grow back.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe clean up under your eyes a bit? your brows are even, and a good shape (I personally like bigger eyebrows). You have very pretty eyes and eyelashes btw
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your brows are even and you have a gorgeous full shape!!
    What mascara do you use?
    As said above, use a cotton bud and just dip the end in water/make up remover and wipe the smudges above and below.
    You have long lashes - make the most of them! Use a volumising mascara, and apply in a zig zag motion from root to tip to avoid clumps
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotallyAddictedToBass)
    Your brows are even and you have a gorgeous full shape!!
    What mascara do you use?
    As said above, use a cotton bud and just dip the end in water/make up remover and wipe the smudges above and below.
    You have long lashes - make the most of them! Use a volumising mascara, and apply in a zig zag motion from root to tip to avoid clumps
    Some waterproof mascara from one of the pound shops lol

Yeah a lot of people tell me I have really long eyelashes,even when I'm not wearing mascara which I hardly do anyway.My sister uses eyelashes curler thingy , do you think i should also use that to make my lashes even longer?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL aww!! Okay, well ditch that pronto!

I have similar lashes to you, and I'm in love with Maybelline falsies, it's in a pink tube. However the brush is really big so if you're not used to putting on mascara it could go horribly wrong!

I've found that waterproof mascaras come out a lot clumpier - and at the end of the day when I want it to come off I really cba to scrub it off. But you mentioned you're a tomboy so waterproof may be more beneficial to you

I don't use eye lash curlers so I can't comment on that! I'm always scared my eyelashes with fall off lol, but quite a few of my friends get good results with them!

Here I've attached a photo of what my lashes look like with the falsies mascara, excuse the photo size, it's the only close up one I have!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	141587
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's actually very well applied.

Loooooovely eyes BTW.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah invest in a good mascara, it'll make the world of difference! Start at the bottom of the lash and wiggle the brush in a sort of massaging motion, then move upwards in a zigzag movement.

I personally don't bother curling my eyelashes, but I always brush them, which some people find a bit weird! Just use an eyebrow brush - it spreads the lashes out so you wont get clumps. Don't put as much mascara on the bottom lashes as on top; and your eyebrows are fine, maybe just tweeze out a few stray hairs here and there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you have nice eyes!
    but i think the mascara is a bit too thickly applied. maybe it just my opinion, but they look a bit spidery. use a gentle touch particularly on the lower lashes. other than that, its well-done, and even.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:

I have similar lashes to you, and I'm in love with Maybelline falsies, it's in a pink tube. However the brush is really big so if you're not used to putting on mascara it could go horribly wrong!

I've found that waterproof mascaras come out a lot clumpier - and at the end of the day when I want it to come off I really cba to scrub it off. But you mentioned you're a tomboy so waterproof may be more beneficial to you

I don't use eye lash curlers so I can't comment on that! I'm always scared my eyelashes with fall off lol, but quite a few of my friends get good results with them!

Here I've attached a photo of what my lashes look like with the falsies mascara, excuse the photo size, it's the only close up one I have!

Are your eyes really maroon or are you wearing lenses??

First time I have seen that eye color... I think it looks amazing!!!
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99luft Balons)
    My sister laughs at me and says I don't know how to put on mascara.I'm bit of tom boy and don't know much about applying make up :/

Also, do my eyebrows look uneven?

Spoiler:
    Show

This is only my second time I've ever applied mascara , so please be kind
    Well I'm a guy and I just happened to stumble upon this thread so I personally have no idea of how this works.... although I think u have a smudge under your left eye ...... I would say maybe use a little less volumy mascara .... well I have 2 elder sisters so I do know a tad bit about all this !!

Hope I helped!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you just need to practice getting it ON the lashes and not on the skin (I've been using mascara for years and I still get it everywhere lol, I just use a cotton bud with makeup remover on it to clean up the smudges). Your eyebrows look great! I would love to have brows like that but mine are sparse and I have to fill them in
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    The look a lil too full on and spidery so ease off on the coats on the bottom lashes and make sure you don't apply too many coats. I usually put on one coat, leave it a bit and then apply another if I feel it needs more oomph.

Also you are a little clumsy at the mo whilst applying (which is fine!) so just clean it up a little on the lower lash line and on your eye lid as you have long lashes.

This is when I use a general mascara and smudge a tiny bit of eyeliner on the lower lash line:

I also have Benefit's Real Lash mascara- It is ridiculously expensive at £18 a pop but I do love it as it is a very good lengthening mascara. I tend tot prefer lengthening rather than volumising as I like to emphasise the length of my lashes.

This is when using Real Lash. I was squinting in the sun though lol.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikstar95)
    Are your eyes really maroon or are you wearing lenses??

First time I have seen that eye color... I think it looks amazing!!!
    Erm.. really?! Thank you, but I've always thought my eyes were bog-standard dark brown :s-smilie:
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erm.. really?! Thank you, but I've always thought my eyes were bog-standard dark brown :s-smilie:
    OHHH!!! They look pretty maroonish to me :hmmmm: !!! Well all in all they are pretty thats what matters!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikstar95)
    OHHH!!! They look pretty maroonish to me :hmmmm: !!! Well all in all they are pretty thats what matters!!!
    Lol aww, thank you!! :h:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:

WOOOOOOOW! your eyes are amazing! im so jealous
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

I looove the way you applied your mascara looks amazing.Your eyelashes look really long, how do you apply your mascara,what's techniques do you use?

Yeah , I'll try that.Is it expensive?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah go easy on the bottom eyelashes, you have really long lashes so you shouldn't coat it on, only apply a thin layer. I'm actually kind of jealous your lashes are soo long!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99luft Balons)
    I looove the way you applied your mascara looks amazing.Your eyelashes look really long, how do you apply your mascara,what's techniques do you use?

Yeah , I'll try that.Is it expensive?

Thanks chick with the falsies mascara it has a spoon shaped brush, and I use it so that the spoons is bending inwards - the opposite to your lash line )( <-- like that, and then start at the root and move in a zig zag motion (left to right/right to left) to the tip and repeat a few times, and then concentrate on the inner and outer lashes too to make it even. Then repeat with the lower lashes, and you can make it as light or heavy as you need

It's around £7/8 so I'd say it's averagely priced, and boots always has 3 for 2 so I usually buy it when I need other stuff too and it works out cheaper.

Also, I shouldn't share this because it's a really bad habit and you can poke your eye, but if I have mega clumps I seperate my lashes using a safety pin most people use the brush to do this so try that!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.