Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Size 8 jeans with size 6 waist

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm a size 6 on top and 8 on bottom, and I'm going shopping for some much-needed jeans at the weekend.
    Every single pair of jeans I own are too big at the waist.

Belting them in annoys me, as there ends up being a lot of bunched up material at the waist, which, if I wear a reasonably tight top, looks like I have a roll of fat.
    I once got a pair of jeans that fitted perfectly.
    And then they wore out.
    Should have bought two pairs.:sigh:

So, where can I find jeans that'll fit, TSR?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try Topshop, I wear the Baxter jeans.
    I have 26" waist and 37"+ hips and they fit me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've given up wearing jeans for the same reason. I have a 24 inch waist but quite a big bum and all jeans look ridiculous on me. I have a pair of size 10 primark black skinnies that aren't too bad, as they sit more on the hips than the waist.

I feel your pain though, there aren't a lot of clothes cut to suit an hourglass type shape, it sucks
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buy jeans without a waist, then you won't have a problem.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    Try Topshop, I wear the Baxter jeans.
    I have 26" waist and 37"+ hips and they fit me.
    I'll try those. Pos rep if they fit.

(Original post by littlechinagirl)
    I've given up wearing jeans for the same reason. I have a 24 inch waist but quite a big bum and all jeans look ridiculous on me. I have a pair of size 10 primark black skinnies that aren't too bad, as they sit more on the hips than the waist.

I feel your pain though, there aren't a lot of clothes cut to suit an hourglass type shape, it sucks
    I shall never give up on jeans. I love jeans.
    And I'm not an hourglass- I'm a pear. :sigh:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piko_Piko)
    I'll try those. Pos rep if they fit.

Don't post the sigh smiley! I read an article yesterday about how pear shaped people live longest

Do post back if you discover some miracle jeans!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man i wish i could pose a thread saying i was a size 6/8......i haven't been able to say that since i was about 14..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I have this exact same problem! Fit perfectly everywhere except the waistband. Not really got any solutions, I suppose you will just have to try on many a pair of jeans and try and find one that happens to fit.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm a size 6 on top and 8 on bottom, and I'm going shopping for some much-needed jeans at the weekend.
    Every single pair of jeans I own are too big at the waist.

Belting them in annoys me, as there ends up being a lot of bunched up material at the waist, which, if I wear a reasonably tight top, looks like I have a roll of fat.
    I once got a pair of jeans that fitted perfectly.
    And then they wore out.
    Should have bought two pairs.:sigh:

So, where can I find jeans that'll fit, TSR?
    I'm a size 6 on top with a 24 inch waist and an 8/10 in jeans. I love Topshop's skinny Baxter jeans, which fit me really well, and usually get W28, L30, although you might need W26.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have a really similar shape (small waist and bigger hips) and i found these jeans in size 8 are amazinggg and last for ages (and good price too ) http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/j...eans_220518141
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do this on my best jeans but I've had a couple that I've adjusted. For the size of my thighs and bum, my waist isn't that big. So I got jeans that fitted my bum and thighs then along the waist band I cut out V shapes. I then sewed the two bits of the v together and bobs-your-uncle, jeans that fit my bum and thighs perfectly and also my waist without having to wear a belt. I'm not the best sewer in the world so it does look a bit scruffy but if you're wearing a long top it doesn't show.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I'm a pear and I have the same problem.
    I've found the only solution is to buy low-rise jeans as you have said.
    OP, have you tried TK Maxx?
    Lots of brands under one roof, much cheaper than going into say, a Levis store, and you're more likely to find a brand and cut that suits your shape than going into a high street shop and trying on stuff from the smaller collections.
    Be glad you don't also have to worry about the leg length not being long enough.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    have you tried Gap, they have GREAT jeans, i love them... this isn't usually a problem for me because i get jeans that are low rise and sit on my hips, so waist doesn't matter, otherwise it'd be a pain.. because i have a 26 waist and 36 hips... but i love my gap jeans ssoosososososos much... though it's better if you can get them in the sales!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    belt or wear leggings.
    i gave up on jeans a long time ago
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey, Beyonce is pear shaped! Us pears rock!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a very similar problem, my thighs and hips would only fit a size 12 but they wouldn't stay up on my waist and I would get a 10 in skirts. I can't remember where exactly I got them but I found some jeans with added lycra to make them stretchy and got the 10s that stretched over my thighs and hips. They were the best fitting pair of jeans I ever owned!
    Might have been ASDA, as I shopped there a lot when I was that age/size, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, it might be worth looking in to.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Clothes tend to be designed on an hourglass mannequin with the 34-24-34 kind of ratio.

But that's like the 'perfect' set of measurements, I guess you can be even more of an hour glass than that!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    My shape is weird, small waist, almost non-existent hips..but I've got bum and thighs, it's so hard to get jeans that fit perfectly
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've always had a big problem with jeans- I remember going into several shops once and not being able to fit into a single pair despite being slightly underweight at the time (just under 9 stone and 5ft 8) - either I couldn't pull them up or couldn't button them up. Now I wear a size 12 with a belt as size 10 don't fit.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem too, I have Baxter skinnies from topshop waist 28 and they fit fairly well (I like em fairly tight ) but my fave jeans come from h&m as they do waist 27. And being 5 foot 8 they fit perfectly in length too. Good luck!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 29, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.