Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

lump on my thigh

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i've had it for 6 months now, it's been growing in size slowly. at first you couldn't see it but could feel it, but now you can sliiiiightly see it and feel that it has turned into a tiny ball where before it was a dot.

the past week my thigh has felt pretty weird (slightly cramped?). my GP has stopped doing appointments so if you wanna get checked out you have to be there between 8:30-9:00 (then they'll tell you to come back at a certain time). i'm a lazy guy who can't even make it to 11am lectures so i haven't been there yet, but how serious does this sound?

i plan on forcing myself to get up that early at some point during the week to get it checked out but am not looking forward to it. another reason i haven't seen a doctor is because i'll probably end up having to pull down my boxers (upper thigh). trimming your bush beforehand and praying you don't pop a random stiffy is kind of an agg but i guess it has to be done

but yeah.. any similar experiences? could i have cancer? i'm only 18, lol..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of your balls that's slipped down?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    A few questions.

1. Did you have any bump/trauma over there?
    2. Is the colour same as remaining of thigh?
    3. Is the lump mobile?
    4. Try pinching it gently. Is it fixed or are you able to lift your skin?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had a similar experience so sorry about that. The best thing is not to worry about it, and just wait and see what the doctor says. Try not to google, it just makes you worry more!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It could be a fatty deposit, it could be something more serious.

Get it checked.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I presume you're worried it could be cancerous.
    That's what would go through my head.

Switch GP to another in your area, and ask for an appointment within a week.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemax)
    A few questions.

1. Did you have any bump/trauma over there?
    2. Is the colour same as remaining of thigh?
    3. Is the lump mobile?
    4. Try pinching it gently. Is it fixed or are you able to lift your skin?
    1. not from what i can remember
    2. yeeyah
    3. nope
    4. it's hard to lift my skin anywhere in that area

you a doctor or saink? wanna mention that a few years ago i had a soft lump on my shin every time i bent down (hard to see) but it disappeared. it never grew though, this one feels like a rock hard testicle
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmostChicGeek)
    I haven't had a similar experience so sorry about that. The best thing is not to worry about it, and just wait and see what the doctor says. Try not to google, it just makes you worry more!
    yeah **** google it tried telling me i had testicular cancer when i was like 9
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pube)
    1. not from what i can remember
    2. yeeyah
    3. nope
    4. it's hard to lift my skin anywhere in that area

you a doctor or saink? wanna mention that a few years ago i had a soft lump on my shin every time i bent down (hard to see) but it disappeared. it never grew though, this one feels like a rock hard testicle

Thankyou for answering. I cannot comment further without physically observing your lump but I think maybe you should consider waking up early one day and show it to your GP.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely worth seeing your GP about. Could be a cyst (pretty harmless), could be an infection or it could be more serious. Either way, it's not normal and it doesn't sound like it's going away - 2 compelling reasons to see your doctor if you ask me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for answering. I cannot comment further without physically observing your lump but I think maybe you should consider waking up early one day and show it to your GP.
    aka
    sorry but you have cancer
    haha yeah will do, thanks anyway
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pube)
    yeah **** google it tried telling me i had testicular cancer when i was like 9
    Yeah! It only helped me to prove to my doctors that I actually had endometriosis, so they could do surgery!

Still, that was only through other research!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmostChicGeek)
    Yeah! It only helped me to prove to my doctors that I actually had endometriosis, so they could do surgery!

Still, that was only through other research!
    sounds pretty intense, i'm too scared too google it just incase i have it too..

ahh surgery is looong i'll probably need it for this thigh testicle, the only good thing that'll come out of it is that morphine pump that'll get abused to ****.. i've got too much cancers/terminal illnesses these days google just doesn't rate my life lol
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pube)
    sounds pretty intense, i'm too scared too google it just incase i have it too..

ahh surgery is looong i'll probably need it for this thigh testicle, the only good thing that'll come out of it is that morphine pump that'll get abused to ****.. i've got too much cancers/terminal illnesses these days google just doesn't rate my life lol
    You are a guy, you won't have it and yeah look just don't google it unless you know something that it could be
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Could be lipoma, look it up.

(Original post by pube)
    i've had it for 6 months now, it's been growing in size slowly. at first you couldn't see it but could feel it, but now you can sliiiiightly see it and feel that it has turned into a tiny ball where before it was a dot.

the past week my thigh has felt pretty weird (slightly cramped?). my GP has stopped doing appointments so if you wanna get checked out you have to be there between 8:30-9:00 (then they'll tell you to come back at a certain time). i'm a lazy guy who can't even make it to 11am lectures so i haven't been there yet, but how serious does this sound?

i plan on forcing myself to get up that early at some point during the week to get it checked out but am not looking forward to it. another reason i haven't seen a doctor is because i'll probably end up having to pull down my boxers (upper thigh). trimming your bush beforehand and praying you don't pop a random stiffy is kind of an agg but i guess it has to be done

but yeah.. any similar experiences? could i have cancer? i'm only 18, lol..
    I have a similar thing, except that I've got three. They're kind of pea sized and can be move around under the skin. I went to the doctors about mine recently and they said that they're nothing serious. And don't worry, mine are also in my upper thigh/groin and my doc only made me remove my trousers. Plus if you're anything like me, you'll be way too nervous to get a boner. Just go get it over with, it'll put your mind at rest.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.