Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What event are you most looking forwards to at London 2012?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Archery!!!!!

Still may be getting tickets to the paralympic semi finals and finals.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1))
    Rowing is a great shout! Great chance for Britain to get some medals and show everyone how good they are at it!
    Men's, possibly. I doubt there's much cometition for the mens double or the scull. But women's? That's pretty stiff
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who are your tips?
    I would like to watch Nadal win again though federer winning works too what about you?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodnightvienna)
    Men's, possibly. I doubt there's much cometition for the mens double or the scull. But women's? That's pretty stiff
    Katherine Grainger? She's been fairly consistently in the medals past 3 olympics.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemax)
    I would like to watch Nadal win again though federer winning works too what about you?
    Providing Nadal stays injury free he has a great chance. But all the top players are so good to watch, that I'm just going to enjoy seeing some top class tennis
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    definitely the 100m men and womens final!! its gonna be sooo epic! i expect jamaica or america will win those

also the relay races will be amazing and ofcourse swimming! looking forward to the 200m i think, Andrew Osagie looks like a really promising athlete.

probably the USA will be at the top of the medals tables as they have been for years
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    100 m ? Blink and you missed it! So I like to get my moneys worth! So anything that lasts :-)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYO)
    definitely the 100m men and womens final!! its gonna be sooo epic! i expect jamaica or america will win those

also the relay races will be amazing and ofcourse swimming! looking forward to the 200m i think, Andrew Osagie looks like a really promising athlete.

probably the USA will be at the top of the medals tables as they have been for years
    Jamaica have so many good sprinters, it's unreal! Think they may dominate the track. I've seen footage of Osagie running in Istanbul this year, and he did well to get 3rd, although it was a weird race overall. Definitely keeping an eye on him. Tbh, I agree with you on the medals front. They have such a massive team!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to seeing some handball actually. It sounds like quite a fast-paced and interesting sport, plus a novelty too.

Apart from that, I'd like to see the javelin and most of the other athletics finals, and I'd like to see the swimming and rowing finals too. Also, I usually enjoy seeing some of the gymnastics events, and things like basketball and badminton. Boxing too if there's a British interest. I'm going to see two group football matches live (two for the price of one included in the ticket) - just found out one of those matches will be GB v. UAE.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jamaica have so many good sprinters, it's unreal! Think they may dominate the track. I've seen footage of Osagie running in Istanbul this year, and he did well to get 3rd, although it was a weird race overall. Definitely keeping an eye on him. Tbh, I agree with you on the medals front. They have such a massive team!
    i know right! and i swear they all just came out of nowhere! because in the past, the sprints were dominated by Americans! yeahh i watched Osagie at istanbul as well! he did a great job especially for the number of well-known athletes he was up against! ohh and also! GB's female relay team (christine ohurogou and the others) at the indoor world championships were quite good! they have a good chance of winning a silver or bronze medal this year. *fingers crossed for them* jamaica annd the usa will be stiff competition though

the usa have been top of the medal table for so long now! i most definitely think its going to be that way this year, they have a whole bunch of athletes that are good at everything! lol
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYO)
    i know right! and i swear they all just came out of nowhere! because in the past, the sprints were dominated by Americans! yeahh i watched Osagie at istanbul as well! he did a great job especially for the number of well-known athletes he was up against! ohh and also! GB's female relay team (christine ohurogou and the others) at the indoor world championships were quite good! they have a good chance of winning a silver or bronze medal this year. *fingers crossed for them* jamaica annd the usa will be stiff competition though

the usa have been top of the medal table for so long now! i most definitely think its going to be that way this year, they have a whole bunch of athletes that are good at everything! lol
    Absolutely. In the last 5 years or so, Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, Asafa Powell have all just come right to the forefront of sprinting. I think only Tyson Gay is really in with a decent chance of getting near those three. Jamaica look set to dominate the sprint events though. Usain Bolt's 200m is incredible especially when you look at his second 100 split.
    Osagie did really well! Think he proved he could cut it on the big stage. William Sharman is another athlete (in the 110m hurdles) I think could really step up in the Olympics. Against the likes of Daryon Robles and Liu Xiang though, it will be tough.
    Haven't seen the women's this year, but I caught the 4x400m at IAAF Daegu 2011, and the Silver was a terrific achievement, and a very comfortable one too.
    Yeahh they have so many athletes that make the olympic standards that they're going to be hard to top. But hoping for a top 4 finish for Team GB (fingers crossed)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    I'm going to see two group football matches live (two for the price of one included in the ticket) - just found out one of those matches will be GB v. UAE.
    My mate got tickets from GB's group matches. Really jealous, although no idea what UAE's team is like
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. In the last 5 years or so, Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, Asafa Powell have all just come right to the forefront of sprinting. I think only Tyson Gay is really in with a decent chance of getting near those three. Jamaica look set to dominate the sprint events though. Usain Bolt's 200m is incredible especially when you look at his second 100 split.
    Osagie did really well! Think he proved he could cut it on the big stage. William Sharman is another athlete (in the 110m hurdles) I think could really step up in the Olympics. Against the likes of Daryon Robles and Liu Xiang though, it will be tough.
    Haven't seen the women's this year, but I caught the 4x400m at IAAF Daegu 2011, and the Silver was a terrific achievement, and a very comfortable one too.
    Yeahh they have so many athletes that make the olympic standards that they're going to be hard to top. But hoping for a top 4 finish for Team GB (fingers crossed)

finishing 2nd 3rd or 4th on the medal tables would be incredible for GB! i mean this is our year! anything less than that would just be shameful! it would be so dissapointing to do poorly on home turf! i think the athletes have a little bit of an advantage by competiting on home soil so they really need to take advantage of that! im well excited for the olympics now! cant wait to see how it goes! have you managed to get tickets??

thats one thing that really did my head in, i feel like there weren't enough tickets available for the public because my family and i tried several times to get tickets through the website but didnt get any and now theyre being sold for RIDICULOUS prices by people looking to make profits so pissed off about that
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYO)
    finishing 2nd 3rd or 4th on the medal tables would be incredible for GB! i mean this is our year! anything less than that would just be shameful! it would be so dissapointing to do poorly on home turf! i think the athletes have a little bit of an advantage by competiting on home soil so they really need to take advantage of that! im well excited for the olympics now! cant wait to see how it goes! have you managed to get tickets??

thats one thing that really did my head in, i feel like there weren't enough tickets available for the public because my family and i tried several times to get tickets through the website but didnt get any and now theyre being sold for RIDICULOUS prices by people looking to make profits so pissed off about that
    A top 3 finish for team GB would be fantastic! I'd be very proud if they managed that. I agree that home turf could be an advantage, but also I think the pressure on the athletes to do well, especially high profile athletes such as Jess Ennis will be really high. They're professionals though, so I really hope they handle it well! I did have a look at getting tickets for 400m finals in January when another batch went out from the olympic site, but I couldn't find anywhere reasonably priced to stay in London at the time, so ended up not getting them unfortunately I know lots of people who couldn't get hold of the tickets they want, and now can't afford to buy them second hand. The olympic committee said they were trying to crack down on touting, but it doesn't look like they're doing a great job :mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A top 3 finish for team GB would be fantastic! I'd be very proud if they managed that. I agree that home turf could be an advantage, but also I think the pressure on the athletes to do well, especially high profile athletes such as Jess Ennis will be really high. They're professionals though, so I really hope they handle it well! I did have a look at getting tickets for 400m finals in January when another batch went out from the olympic site, but I couldn't find anywhere reasonably priced to stay in London at the time, so ended up not getting them unfortunately I know lots of people who couldn't get hold of the tickets they want, and now can't afford to buy them second hand. The olympic committee said they were trying to crack down on touting, but it doesn't look like they're doing a great job :mad:
    funny enough, a l'oreal ad with jessica ennis just came on the telly . that's actually true about pressure being put on them, but i reckon they should be able to handle it. but on the plus side loads of them are getiing endorsements and things like that! which is always good.

the whole ticket issue is ridiculous. i just feel like they could have handled the whole situation a whole lot better. but hey, i guess that's life.
    ohh but on the plus side, i saw some ads on the tube, some parks in london will have massive tv's broadcasting the olympics which sounds really good! im well excited about that
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYO)
    funny enough, a l'oreal ad with jessica ennis just came on the telly . that's actually true about pressure being put on them, but i reckon they should be able to handle it. but on the plus side loads of them are getiing endorsements and things like that! which is always good.

the whole ticket issue is ridiculous. i just feel like they could have handled the whole situation a whole lot better. but hey, i guess that's life.
    ohh but on the plus side, i saw some ads on the tube, some parks in london will have massive tv's broadcasting the olympics which sounds really good! im well excited about that
    I've seen that Jess Ennis seems really lovely, and she's a great athlete, and based on her recent performances she really really does deserve that gold! I just hope her javelin doesn't let her down again! I think Dai Greene especially will be under a lot of pressure, both because he's world champion, and because he's on home turf. It'd be great to see him get another gold, and even a WR! The endorsements are a superb way of promoting British sport.
    Yeah absolutely, it's a once in a lifetime thing for most people, and a lot of people probably won't get a chance to see another olympic games, so it's a massive shame. I heard even Dai Greene couldn't get enough tickets for his family to come and see his event, so people had to source them for him. That's absolutely mental! Are you in London? That'll be great! At least you'll get some of the atmosphere and stuff. I'll be in my front room...:rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've seen that Jess Ennis seems really lovely, and she's a great athlete, and based on her recent performances she really really does deserve that gold! I just hope her javelin doesn't let her down again! I think Dai Greene especially will be under a lot of pressure, both because he's world champion, and because he's on home turf. It'd be great to see him get another gold, and even a WR! The endorsements are a superb way of promoting British sport.
    Yeah absolutely, it's a once in a lifetime thing for most people, and a lot of people probably won't get a chance to see another olympic games, so it's a massive shame. I heard even Dai Greene couldn't get enough tickets for his family to come and see his event, so people had to source them for him. That's absolutely mental! Are you in London? That'll be great! At least you'll get some of the atmosphere and stuff. I'll be in my front room...:rolleyes:
    just read the story about the fan who helped Dai Greene get tickets! he got 8 extra tickets from buying from official European websites!! i've been told that it would've been easier to get tickets from foreign embassies than from over here which is so ridiculous! that's crazy! Good for Dai though! its amazing that someone he never met paid £1,500 for the tickets for his family!

and yeahh, i live in London which is even more painful! cos i'll probably be on the tube with loads of tourists going to watch it live ah well
    i'll likely be in my front room as well for majority of the games
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Obviously:
    Opening Ceremony
    Mens 100m, 200m & 400m final
    Mens 4x100m & 4x400m Relay

Going to:
    Team GB vs Senegal, UAE vs Uruguay
    Q-Final between GpD winner & Gp C runner up (Possibly Brazil vs Spain)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYO)
    just read the story about the fan who helped Dai Greene get tickets! he got 8 extra tickets from buying from official European websites!! i've been told that it would've been easier to get tickets from foreign embassies than from over here which is so ridiculous! that's crazy! Good for Dai though! its amazing that someone he never met paid £1,500 for the tickets for his family!

and yeahh, i live in London which is even more painful! cos i'll probably be on the tube with loads of tourists going to watch it live ah well
    i'll likely be in my front room as well for majority of the games
    It was really amazing that someone would be willing to put themselves out for him like that, but it is absolutely crazy how hard it is to get hold of tickets for people living in Britain, which is only the host nation after all! I guess being really out of the way has its advantages, although a few of my friends got hold of some tickets for the group football and diving. I've heard it's a better view on tv anyway
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For when it finishes and London gets back to normal.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 29, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.