The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS2 - 21th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Markz123
omg just looked at the ums converter on aqa and AN A IS in the range of 52-54

WTH

so I was panicing for nothing...

All this time I thought I could only lose 13 marks.
My bad.

How did you all find it?
For that pay question... was it performance related pay for the proper term?

So how many marks do I need for a B?
And also yes I am pretty sure it is... What did you write about it?
Reply 161
Original post by Sujayshah2
I wrote managers would have other jobs, and this I's ti,e consuming- is that wrong?

what else you could have expanding by saying that due to this heavy work load motivation and productivity may decrease therefore as a result affecting the quality of customer service.
Reply 162
Original post by charlie9872
It was for 2014. They were a bit sneaky with it, the bastards, think i got it in the end though. It was something like 4320 tonnes of muscles for 2014, 40 current employees, but a 50% planned increase for 2014 meaning that 50% of 40 = 20; 40+20=60 employees for 2014... 4320/60= 72 for labour productivity (I hope)

For the marketing mix I did both promotion and place, wrote the same as that for promotion (pretty much) and for place that the majority of their sales were overseas meaning they need a strategy for transport in place as they are handling perishable goods.

yes, i got the same figure for the calculation...many people were saying you have to put tonnes at the end?
fudged up the calculation - i did times by the 40 for the productivity dam :frown: depressed concentrating on ACCN3 ACCN4 AND BUSS4 already got a C in buss2 and got 2 A for the other units oh well life goes on..
Reply 164
anyone got the paper?? really appreciate it if you could upload the document wanna check roughly how many marks i would have potentially lost in the paper thanks
Original post by timeplayer
fudged up the calculation - i did times by the 40 for the productivity dam :frown: depressed concentrating on ACCN3 ACCN4 AND BUSS4 already got a C in buss2 and got 2 A for the other units oh well life goes on..

i did it by 80! what a div, lost 2 marks :angry::rolleyes:
Original post by QwertyG
Para 1

Disadvantage - Would distract them from their jobs as budgets is time consuming

Advantage - they would feel motivated and play a part in reducing labour turnover which is currently 24%

Para 2

Disadvantage - forgot i think i wrote about experience as one misallocation may ruin all the finances causing under/over spending

Advantage - they work in this field of what they are putting budgets so they alter the budgets around with the knowledge they obtained - as one of the managers (that do budgets) noticed that the elasticity was -2%

you only need 2 points
Original post by thairshan
what else you could have expanding by saying that due to this heavy work load motivation and productivity may decrease therefore as a result affecting the quality of customer service.

What question number was this , i have had a mind blank and cant remember
Never mind just rememberred thank **** thought id forgot a question
Hi im doing CCEA and have a test on Thursday, somebody told me AQA unit 2 involves motivational theories ?(Mc gregor, Herzberg etc)

If somebody could please give me a few advantages of disadvantages of each itd be great Thanks!
Reply 170
Original post by Crooked fingers
Hi im doing CCEA and have a test on Thursday, somebody told me AQA unit 2 involves motivational theories ?(Mc gregor, Herzberg etc)

If somebody could please give me a few advantages of disadvantages of each itd be great Thanks!

There are: herzberg, Maslow, mayo, Taylor.. and I think that is it.. but for the adv and dis I cant actually remember any..
Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply