The Student Room Group

Where do you look when you are walking down the street?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I usually look at the pavement ahead of me, firstly cos I'm clumsy and secondly cos I don't like the way everything moves up and down with my step when I look further up.
Reply 41
I know it sounds funny but if I'm walking back from town at 4am I could actually do it with my eyes closed, never used to get taxis, rarely do now. Done the walk so many times I can do it from muscle memory.
Once I was walking down my street texting and walked into my neighbours car parked in front of our drive.
Straight ahead but no eye contact until we are just about to past each other.
Reply 43
I look ahead and avoid eye contact with people I don't know.
Original post by cats are cool
I know it sounds like a stupid question but I feel very self-conscious just walking down the street because I don't know where to look. Hopefully I'm not the only one... Do you look at the people or completely avoid looking at them? Both ways can feel uncomfortable to me, eye contact is awkward and forcing myself to not look at the people feels almost rude and is hard to maintain.

Wear black glasses: problem solved.
Original post by kaylafrances
at all the hot guyz

Stop looking at me (unless you want it).
I'm constantly on 'Weave Watch' and I investigate eyebrows..
Or I make up stories about people I see..

so, i guess i stare at people?
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
If it's a woman coming towards me: tits
If it's a man coming towards me: tits

Pardon? :s-smilie:
At the pavement, I don't have low self esteem but I'd rather look shy than stand in vomit or dog poo every time I leave the house. I seem to have bad luck in that respect.
Reply 49
Hmm, masses of people I find fine walking towards.
If its one or two people however, the situation is very much different
When I'm wearing glasses and I can see everything clearly I just look at the sky and trees/plants.

If I'm not wearing glasses I stare at people straight in the face to try to see if I know them or not until they get a meter away from me and I can see their face more clearly. I think it freaks them out lol.
Generally at the floor though I'll glance up and around occasionally to make sure I haven't missed the shop I was aiming for.
I just look straight ahead. I try as hard as possible to not look at the ground, why should you look at the ground? Are you scared of something? Thats why I never look down if someone is coming. I only look down to avoid stepping on dog poo and whatnot.
Reply 53
Everywhere. You have to be alert whilst walking, so it's a good idea to take in your surroundings.
Reply 54
In front of me. I look in the other direction if I see a pleb.
Generally ahead, but also keep a distant eye on the floor so I know if there's anything I won't want to stand on.

If it's a bit more enclosed, I'll glance around opening/corners.
Reply 56
Keep my head up and lower my gaze. :smile:
Often end up looking at the ground. I try to look straight ahead, but I end up looking back at the ground. It often happens when I have someone shouting abuse at me on the street.
I look at many things when strolling down the high street. I admire natural beauty in females but I also look in shop windows to see if anything is on sale or anything takes my fancy. Unlike some people here though, I actually enjoy making eye contact with strangers. Especially women, you can give them a cheeky wink :wink:
I just look ahead really, looking past people if they're walking towards me, might glance at them for what ever reason, but generally yeah..I look where I'm going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending