Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Party tomorrow, should I wear this dress or not (pics included)

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dress1.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	141697

Name:	dress2.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	141698

Name:	dress3.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	141695
    I'm 38", 30", 39"... working on making them all a bit smaller lol. But I can't decide if this suits my shape/size or not. Opinions?

Oh and please excuse the white bra... I wouldn't be wearing that with this dress normally.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't really like it, but that may be something to do with it being a similar colour to my old school uniform. But it doesn't look like it doesn't fit you or anything, it sits nicely and I quite like the lace. I just don't like dark green lol. Maybe wear higher heels, but again that might be my own personal vendetta against kitten heels.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's actually black/grey... The walls are green which is giving it the tint.

And as for the heels, I do actually agree with you. But I'm so out of practice on my proper heels that it just isn't worth it. They're better than flats and the only possibility if I want to dance all night.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's a bit 'meh'.

I mean, it's alright but it isn't really anything special.

Y'know, what with me being an expert in female fashion. :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it suits you as well. The colour is
    I'm baised because I hate green on dresses anyways

Have you got any other dresses?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Its nice but you could look nicer in something else
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not something I would wear. I prefer clubbing clothes to fit more closely to the body (i.e. snug, not tight) - Maybe a thicker belt would do the trick?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I actually bought it a year ago and haven't worn it (impulse buy ).

I do have other dresses to wear. It's just that I wore most of them recently. To be honest I could do with something new but I've left it a bit late now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not a club, it's a party at a sports/social club. And I had been considering a bigger belt. Just the belt is sewn into the dress so I'd need one thatsat over the top without showing the other one below.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    It looks quite formal. It wouldn't work for a house party for example, but if it's quite formal, you say it's at a social club, that sounds quite formal, perhaps it'd work.

I quite like the lace. I think the problem is there's not really much colour in there at all. It's all greys and black. Perhaps if you had some red heels, or I dunno perhaps red lipstick would offer enough colour. I'm no expert obviously, but, do you get what I'm saying? Some coloured heels, perhaps a coloured belt, may look better than more black.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen on it; it makes you look a little top heavy. I think you should find something a little more flattering for your figure.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what type of party you are going to. Also try and brighten it up/accessorise it a bit with a purse/handbag or some jewellery
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I personally don't really like it, but that may be something to do with it being a similar colour to my old school uniform. But it doesn't look like it doesn't fit you or anything, it sits nicely and I quite like the lace. I just don't like dark green lol. Maybe wear higher heels, but again that might be my own personal vendetta against kitten heels.
    :zomg: If they are your idea of kitten heels, I hate to think what you would call my heels which are definitely lower than those..!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    WIth your proportions you should be wearing a fit and flare dress to pinch in the waist and give the appearance of smaller legs, but also emphasise the chest to give an hourglass look
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disenchanted)
    :zomg: If they are your idea of kitten heels, I hate to think what you would call my heels which are definitely lower than those..!
    Haha, maybe it's just the picture. I don't wear very high heels either my friends laugh at me trying to walk . I tried looking on new look to show you my heels I bought a while ago but they're not there. I don't even have a ruler to see how high they are :cry2:

p.s love your sig
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd pair it with a black cardigan, because it's fairly short. But then, I don't usually do both bare arms and bare legs, I tend to go for one or the other.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The colour looks like algae.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like it! I am the same size as you and I find it a pain to find dresses to suit me (I don't like bodycon dresses etc on me). The colour is slimming even though its not bright and out there. The only thing I would change is the shoes - go bigger and make them a great feature and make your legs longer. With your hair and make up done you'll look fab!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would say wear a different dress as don't think that dress really compliments your figure
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks nice! It is quite formal, like others said, but it seems to suit your purpose. A little cardi would look nice. You could spice it up with your hair/make-up/accessories. I think it'd look nice if you loosely curled your hair and had some neutral but sparkly eyeshadow going on?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.