Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Film (& lit) blog - your opinions please :)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie on this part of TSR...which is strange actually because as you're about to see I really enjoy watching films.

In fact, I blog about them (and books :heart:), and I'm interested in hearing what other aficionados think of what I think.

The main feature of this blog is that I try to connect literature and film together. Therefore, I'm interested in the literariness of films and the cinematic quality of books

Here are some links to my blogposts on films (I'm not into any particular genre, I like variety...):

* Frank Capra's 'Meet John Doe' (1941)

* Denzel Washington's 'The Great Debaters' (2007)

* Roger Corman's 'The Terror' (1963)

* Lee Tamahori's 'The Devil's Double' (2011)

* Shane Meadows' 'This is England' (2006)

Feel free to browse through the site. I'd really, really appreciate any feedback (good or bad, so long as it's honest).

Thank youuu!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wow! I love your writing. Your very critical and not afraid to state your opinions. I love that so much. You should keep this up. I have a feeling that if you do, you will go far. If I may ask, what are you currently studying and where at?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I only read the Meet John Doe post but clap clap for you. You're writing style is excellent, it's intelligent without being pretentious and I love the way you brought in such issues as the Leveson inquiry.

Excellent stuff!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethan-Butterfly)
    Wow! I love your writing. Your very critical and not afraid to state your opinions. I love that so much. You should keep this up. I have a feeling that if you do, you will go far. If I may ask, what are you currently studying and where at?
    Thanks for your very kind comment! ^_^ Yes, I do intend to keep writing but sometimes I get disheartened because feel like I don't have a readership (even if I know that takes a long time and a lot of hard work to gain heh...). Informative feedback like this really helps motivation though, so thanks again! )

I study English at the University of Malta btw
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DotComBoom)
    I only read the Meet John Doe post but clap clap for you. You're writing style is excellent, it's intelligent without being pretentious and I love the way you brought in such issues as the Leveson inquiry.

Excellent stuff!
    Thanks for the lovely comment, I really appreciate it!!
    Glad you liked the links I try to make with current stuff too!...I think it's part of the reading/film watching process. We're told that Shakespeare (and artists in general) create works that are constantly topical, but it's often up to us to reflect on how they can be so.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.