Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Neglecting a subject in order to do better in others?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing this? I'm doing maths biology chemistry and history and am revising thoroughly for them all apart from history. In fact I don't think I'll bother with history until a couple of weeks before the exam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Focusing more on subjects you find more difficult? Preposterous! Truly absurd
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinKellyisagod)
    Focusing more on subjects you find more difficult? Preposterous! Truly absurd
    I actually find them easier than history, but I've still got to work at them, it's because they're better for what I want to do at uni.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bronn)
    Anyone else doing this? I'm doing maths biology chemistry and history and am revising thoroughly for them all apart from history. In fact I don't think I'll bother with history until a couple of weeks before the exam.
    Don't neglect it too much unless you find it really easy (or you're in your A2 year and you only need 3 A-levels for your offer - but I'm assuming you're doing AS). Sure you might need maths/biology/chemistry more but other applicants will have put more effort all round. AAAC looks a lot worse than AAAA even if the C doesn't matter (speaking in hypotheticals - I have no idea what you're aiming for).

What are you wanting to do at uni?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    What are you wanting to do at uni?
    Pharmacy so I only need 3 a-levels, I'm planning to drop history at A2 anyway.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.