Results are out! Find what you Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll: Do you have dinner at the table with your family, or in front of the TV?

Announcements Posted on
Score your uni out of 10 and help thousands of students chose the right uni 21-09-2015
Applying to uni? Take our 60-second survey - you could bag an Amazon voucher. 19-09-2015
  • View Poll Results: Where do you eat dinner?
    In front of the TV (with family)
    In front of the TV (without family)
    At the dinner table
    It varies

1. Offline

2. Offline

i climb out of the bedroom window onto the flat roof before and eat there
  3. Offline

Watching TV shows in front of my laptop.
  4. Offline

Last time we had a family meal was when I was like 8. I eat in front of my laptop or sometimes on my own at the table while thinking about my future and how much I'll owe after uni. Forever a loan.
  5. Offline

I'm still at home, but we have meals around the dinner table whenever most of us are home...
  6. Offline

It varies for me, sunday dinners and most weekday meals we eat up the table together (sometimes my brothers are out so theyre absent and visa versa) but sometimes with like chipshop and the like we eat infront of the tv with trays but its more so the table
  7. Offline

we all eat at a dinner table but theres a tv in the room too sooooo ...
  8. Offline

Pretty much always at the table with my family- only time I wont is if I'm not hungry and decide to eat it later.
  9. Offline

Same, always at the table, but always with the tv on too. Covers up the awkward chewing/ saliva sounds!
  10. Offline

we usually eat around the dinner table on sundays and a couple of times during the week. On the others days i'll eat in front of the tv / computer.
  11. Offline

Always at the table, no TV. Sundays having my gran over.

I find families that eat in front of the TV sad, you have a great time when you are all together to discuss your day, things coming up, little achievements, etc, but instead you would all prefer to see who is going to win the Xfactor. People wonder why family life is deteriorating, then don't spend time together when they have the chance, sitting with your family is so boring you need a flickering screen to keep yourself awake.
  12. Online

At the table, with the news on.
  13. Offline

At the table with family. With the tv on.
  14. Offline

When I lived with my parents I ate on my own in front of the computer. We all ate at different times due to work...and we didn't even have a table big enough for us all to sit around so it would've been a bit squashed. Now I live with my boyfriend, we don't have a table at all - we eat at my desk while watching something on the computer. The only time I sit at a table to eat is if I go to my dad's for Sunday dinner. Or a restaurant, obviously!
  15. Offline

Both? We have a TV in our kitchen
  16. Offline

Always on the table on a Sunday and the rest of the week it depends on what we're having/if everyone's having the same or if we're having different dinners.
  17. Offline

For every night we eat in front of the TV we have about 90 at the dinner table
  18. Offline

at the dinner table
  19. Offline

at the dinner table nearly every night.
  20. Offline

I eat my dinner with my family, at the dinner table, on top of the TV. :smug:

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

Your uni forum needs you

Help build the 2016 entry discussion list here

Would you rather win the lottery or get the job of your dreams?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.