Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

jews!!!!!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    Watch Borat for an accurate, unbiased history lesson
    Ah yes, throw the Jew down the well.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Ah yes, throw the Jew down the well.
    So my country can be free?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will you take it through the ages or in the present day (I think you're title leans towards the latter)?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What sources you want to use will differ depending on how big the essay is and what level you are writing for.

Here's one book, although the focus is more on relations with the dominant culture and ruling power than on the effects on the jews themselves, although it obviously has good stuff on that score.
    http://www.amazon.com/Under-Crescent.../dp/069101082X
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could try pulling their trousers down too see how they are from couture to culture
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    JEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    You could try pulling their trousers down too see how they are from couture to culture
    That would be both rude and would actually tell you very little, as there is not likely to be any significant variation in what you would find. All in all, a slightly inappropriate, as well as puzzling, suggestion
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    After reading the title thread I didn't think this thread would be kosher
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    sudden influx of immature responses. helpful.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
    That would be rude and would actually tell you very little, as there is not likely to be any significant variation in what you would find. All in all, a slightly inappropriate, as well as puzzling, suggestion
    I beg to differ
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanuts7)
    Quite. But if you do say what level you are writing for, and what sort of assignment, it will help us pinpoint some likely sources for you.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rac1)
    ChristianLady might be able to help you...
    Hello Rac1,

I'm not Jewish. The best way for the OP to obtain research for the paper is by talking to Jewish people concerning their beliefs and differences.

Peace and God bless you
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Ultra-Orthodox Jews vs secular Jews. One group is full of religious extremist nutcases, the other group is full of rational genius' who have achieved more per capita than any other religious group.
    Hello,

I personally believe it is best to not compare Jewish people who believe in God and believe the Tanakh is true with Jewish people who do not believe in God who insult those who do. That is possibly one reason why many Jewish Orthodox people are not incredibly vocal about their beliefs: because of being used to being insulted and persecuted. Sad to say, many groups have persecuted Jewish people who believe in God for centuries. Horribly, "Christians" have persecuted Jewish people who believe in God and have force converted many, killed many, insulted many, and treated many Jewish people (both those who believe in God and those who don't) in a very rude and mean way.

I personally don't think Jewish Orthodox people allow themselves to be psychologically harmed by the insults of Jewish people who don't believe in God, as well as Christians. However, i do believe many are not as vocal about what they believe because of all the abuse they have suffered at the hands of people who don't believe like they do.

Peace and may God help everyone to live in peace, regardless if they believe in God or not, regardless if they are "secular" or what group of belief in God they have.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christianlady)
    Hello,

I personally believe it is best to not compare Jewish people who believe in God and believe the Tanakh is true with Jewish people who do not believe in God who insult those who do. That is possibly one reason why many Jewish Orthodox people are not incredibly vocal about their beliefs: because of being used to being insulted and persecuted. Sad to say, many groups have persecuted Jewish people who believe in God for centuries. Horribly, "Christians" have persecuted Jewish people who believe in God and have force converted many, killed many, insulted many, and treated many Jewish people (both those who believe in God and those who don't) in a very rude and mean way.

I personally don't think Jewish Orthodox people allow themselves to be psychologically harmed by the insults of Jewish people who don't believe in God, as well as Christians. However, i do believe many are not as vocal about what they believe because of all the abuse they have suffered at the hands of people who don't believe like they do.

Peace and may God help everyone to live in peace, regardless if they believe in God or not, regardless if they are "secular" or what group of belief in God they have.
    There is a very fine line between being an ultra-Orthodox Jew and a Jew who believes in God but isn't so extreme in their views. Judaism is as broad as any religion, after all.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is a very fine line between being an ultra-Orthodox Jew and a Jew who believes in God but isn't so extreme in their views. Judaism is as broad as any religion, after all.
    Ultra-orthodox =/= extremist fanatic.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    Watch Borat for an accurate, unbiased history lesson
    Legend.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well what were you expecting? Have you seen your title.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    someone please help me.

im doing an essay about judaism and one of the questions is how would jews behave in different cultures. i was thinking of comparing israeli jews to american jews but its soooooo hard!!!!!

id appreciate some help on this more than you'd believe.
    DUDE ???? You scared the **** out of me with that title , i thought it was war on the horizon lol ...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it is a sad indictment on the cognitive thought processes of people in our society, that most of us (including me) opened this thread expecting to find an anti-Semitic rant haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ultra-Orthodox Jews vs secular Jews. One group is full of religious extremist nutcases, the other group is full of rational genius' who have achieved more per capita than any other religious group.
    "who have achieved more per capita than any other religious group"
    oh pleeaaaseeeeeeeeeee dont start this again.....

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.