Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

jews!!!!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy-lou)
    I think it is a sad indictment on the cognitive thought processes of people in our society, that most of us (including me) opened this thread expecting to find an anti-Semitic rant haha
    I agree. I also hate how it is become the norm. to use "Jew" as an insult.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christianlady)
    Hello,

I personally believe it is best to not compare Jewish people who believe in God and believe the Tanakh is true with Jewish people who do not believe in God who insult those who do. That is possibly one reason why many Jewish Orthodox people are not incredibly vocal about their beliefs: because of being used to being insulted and persecuted. Sad to say, many groups have persecuted Jewish people who believe in God for centuries. Horribly, "Christians" have persecuted Jewish people who believe in God and have force converted many, killed many, insulted many, and treated many Jewish people (both those who believe in God and those who don't) in a very rude and mean way.

I personally don't think Jewish Orthodox people allow themselves to be psychologically harmed by the insults of Jewish people who don't believe in God, as well as Christians. However, i do believe many are not as vocal about what they believe because of all the abuse they have suffered at the hands of people who don't believe like they do.

Peace and may God help everyone to live in peace, regardless if they believe in God or not, regardless if they are "secular" or what group of belief in God they have.
    Bit of a strange comment. As if it were secular jews who were spitting on and abusing ultra-orthodox women on the streets of jerusalem, rather than the other way around.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
    Bit of a strange comment. As if it were secular jews who were spitting on and abusing ultra-orthodox women on the streets of jerusalem, rather than the other way around.
    As if it were the ultra-orthodox Jews who tried the obliterate Yemeni Jewish culture, remove them from Judaism and (possibly) kidnap their children. We can play this judgmental c*** on the actions of a few all day.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frostmage)
    As if it were the ultra-orthodox Jews who tried the obliterate Yemeni Jewish culture, remove them from Judaism and kidnap their children. We can play this judgmental c*** on the actions of a few all day.
    Or we could not spread completely groundless, disproven conspiracy theories. just a thought, mind.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or we could not spread completely groundless, disproven conspiracy theories. just a thought, mind.
    Checked up Wikipedia did you? Only the kidnapping part was exaggerated (though not disproven). Still, there was great anti religious sentiment at the time and the Yemenite Jews suffered from it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frostmage)
    Checked up Wikipedia did you? Only the kidnapping part was exaggerated (though not disproven). Still, there was great anti religious sentiment at the time and the Yemenite Jews suffered from it.
    backtracking much?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    backtracking much?
    I said the actions of a few - that was my initial point. The aggressive effort to assimilate them into secular society is known.
    And yes, I will backtrack on the kidnapping (even though it wasn't disproven as you said).

Your still missing the main point, you were judging the entire ultra-orthodox community (of which, the religious Yemeni Jews are part of) on the actions of a few. Ultra-orthodox =/= fanatic/crusader/extremist.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christianlady)
    Hello Rac1,

I'm not Jewish. The best way for the OP to obtain research for the paper is by talking to Jewish people concerning their beliefs and differences.

Peace and God bless you
    No, I know I just don't actually know anyone that is and you were the closest

peace

or even shalom
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goape)
    JEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
    oh my god, you are disgusting for saying jews. why did you use such a horribly accurate adjective.

how could you say jews? i bet you're a nazi because you said jews.

P.S. MUSLIMS!!!! BUDDHISTS!!!!! NOT TO MENTION SHINTOS!!!! SHINTOS!!!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rac1)
    No, I know I just don't actually know anyone that is and you were the closest

peace

or even shalom
    Hello Rac1

Thanks. I really appreciate the compliment.

Peace (or Shalom) and God bless you

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you've done at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.