The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
you should of said hiking boots then, instead of just boots. Strong motorcycles boots are designed to stop your ankle from braking by limiting how much it you ankle can twist. Also provides some shin protection. I'm not preaching to you just making a comment so that you don't enforce your bad habits on a individual who is inexperienced compared to you when it comes to riding, intern his chances of crashing will be greater so the stage of purchasing riding gear (made for its purpose) is very crucial.

Boots... converse are not boots. Hiking boots, work boots made of leather, i was creditting the OP with some brains.

As he has been told, there is an enormous post in the bike soc explaining everything he needs to know. He can then make his own decision, but spending £1000's on bike gear when he isn't going to ride much and just going to use it to get to the shops is pointless.
Reply 21
Thanks guys.. I'll buy the full equipment first then do everything else. Will wait till after the exams as i'll have more time on hand :biggrin:
Original post by Lantana
Boots... converse are not boots. Hiking boots, work boots made of leather, i was creditting the OP with some brains.

As he has been told, there is an enormous post in the bike soc explaining everything he needs to know. He can then make his own decision, but spending £1000's on bike gear when he isn't going to ride much and just going to use it to get to the shops is pointless.

I'm not telling hiim to get top notch alphine gear. Best spend £200,£300 on gear than spend months getting skingraffs etc.
Reply 23
Balls.

Big ones at that.
Reply 24
Also try to always get the best quality for your money, rather than getting the lowest quality to save money.

Latest