The Student Room Group

1 month left till my exams! Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamzazulfiqar
look man i done the exam in jan right and ended up with a flipping U i must admit i failed to prepare but still thinking back i didnt do that bad. But now hopefully im semi prepared and lets see what happens.. overall economics is dull and business is interesting.

Economics dull and business interesting? Really..i've been told its the other way round by most people...I guess everyone prefers different stuff :redface:
Original post by FranticMind
Dude don't even worry. A month is ages. I have 13 days until my exams start, I am a second year engineering student and feel completely underprepared. I am worried that I will be kicked out of uni, have wasted ~£20k and 2 years of my life.

Not to mention the shame.

So please calm down, you sound like a good student. Just work hard and you will be fine.

i love how calm you are lool..
''just wasted 20k and 2 years'' lol..
I can see myself doing the seem thing,im very last minute...i tend to plan things but they never work they way they are supposed to be.:hare:
Reply 42
Original post by Coolkat
LOL sorry 4 taking it out on u, i wasnt exactly in my best mood right then :smile:

its alright :smile: i understand, not too jolly myself nowadays :frown:
Reply 43
I haven't even started and you've completed the content, made notes, and attempted a few past papers here and there? I wish I was in your position.
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
Economics dull and business interesting? Really..i've been told its the other way round by most people...I guess everyone prefers different stuff :redface:

i say this maybe because i prefer to answer a business sided question rather then economics :cookie:
Reply 45
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
i say this maybe because i prefer to answer a business sided question rather then economics :cookie:

you doing economics and business edexcel? im doing both too. i got unit 3 & 4 business and 4 economics
Reply 46
Save that worry for next year when they actually mean something. The worst you're going to do this year by screwing up a few papers is put a bit more time pressure on next year as you'll need to fit in more retakes.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
To quote my head of maths 'the books are crap so teachers are needed'. I self taught all of AS further maths, plus what would be equal to AS additional further maths. The books' explanations aren't brilliant, having a teacher there does help to bring things to life as a concept instead of words/numbers on a piece of paper.

I agree about teaching,which is why I think study leave is wrong generally and definitely for A-Levels because you need the teaching help and yes maybe genius's like you can cope but most people will struggle without the real life visuals of teaching and then they can back this up with revision.I should be getting study leave in Y11 but many people on here seem to get study leasve in college and as far as I'm concerned-colleges don't offer it:confused: and my college certainly doesn't:colondollar:
Reply 48
Original post by Dalek1099
How can you self teach so well?If people could self-teach then why would there be teachers?Teachers have actually said that I could self-teach but I don't believe them.
I have actually done some AS Maths stuff though and there is some questions I did ages ago that I thought was marked wrong by MyMaths but I won't know now because I've forgotten what I learnt.Here is the suspected question:Picture1.png

I self taught, but if I got stuck I could ask the teachers for help. Because for quite a lot of things the book is enough, but when you can't do it you need someone to ask. And the teachers often have some helpful tricks. My own (stupid) method is to ignore everything they write, start the questions then go back and read the explanations when I can't do it. And then to do every single past paper you can get your hands on. I did them all atleast twice for Core 4. Don't discount teaching yourself - but I would start the AS class and see if you feel like they're going much too slowly. Then you can just speed up ahead of the rest of the class, but you're still in the classroom if you get stuck. I'm afraid I'm a really bad person to ask about moments. Mechanics is not my strong point at all, I get all muddled. I managed to get a different answer for the tension in C from the one you gave and got ticked, so I think I've totally forgotten how to do them. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
I havent started properly. I mean I've done a bit but we're still learning the content of Ethics, Philosophy and Psychology. I'm really scared. I've only done past papers for economics :frown:
Reply 50
Original post by bethambitious
I havent started properly. I mean I've done a bit but we're still learning the content of Ethics, Philosophy and Psychology. I'm really scared. I've only done past papers for economics :frown:

wht board are you for econ?
Reply 51
Instead of posting on here you could be busy revising.

Quick Reply

Latest