Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'Thinktanks' are secret societies influencing government policy.

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...cy-pr-agenices

Did you know that one of the earliest 'thinktanks' was a secret society? The Fabians is one of the oldest British thinktanks.

Little has changed today. We don't recognise them as 'secret societies' because the term has become tainted, and is associated with the old world. But we don't live in a world where things are as they appear.

There are many secret societies in existence in England today. Members of the Fabians may no longer hope for Eugenics as they once did, but both Blair, Brown, and now Ed Milliband have consulted the Fabians on government policy. Demos is a Marxist thinktank related to the Fabians via the Young Foundation.

The Tories, too, have their 'thinktanks'.

They are nothing more than modern secret societies operating under the name of 'thinktank'. These 'thinktanks' may derive their geneology from Henry Ford's CASBS Foundation. Ford was a Scotiish Rite Freemason btw.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only secret is that in our, "Democracy" the elected government is not the CEO, the thinktanks who create the policies, lobbyists and the companies on the FTSE 100 are. People must become more politically aware for democracy to exist in a true form.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like how they guardian directs its hate at "right-wing" groups that, in reality, hate free markets and won't include the fabians.

The guardian has its own agenda too.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    God dammed do gooder Fabians, ****ing everything up :cool:

The Fabians are the true illuminati. They actually exist. And they actually influence government. They actually promote intrusive government and more global government. All to help people ofcourse, they are well intended tyrants.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am a Fabian, OP. We are not a secret society, we are a member run think tank.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought thinktanks were largely a way by which successful academics/ businessmen can retire into an easy life or find an "internship" for their completely useless offspring.

From my admittedly paltry experience of dealing with them I have been utterly unimpressed with the quality of people working for them.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    From my admittedly paltry experience of dealing with them I have been utterly unimpressed with the quality of people working for them.
    What do you expect, they do not have to deal with the competitive pressure of the market....
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Urm...they arnt that secret?

Ive been to a free market think tank before (Adam Smith institute) even though I dont belive in that political ideal. It was quite an expirience!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah so what you gonna do about it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd modify your statement to say that some thinktanks are secret societies. You're right to bring up the criminal influence certain organisations hold over the government however and to question the motives behind many of these thinktanks.

The question is how to identify them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They're called lobbyists.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 16, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.