The Student Room Group

AQA AS Art Exam Help?!!

I need help desperately i have no idea what to do, the 5 topics for my exam are:

Light and Shadow
Travel
Structures
Posters and Signs
Songs, Stories, Myths and Legends

I was thinking posters but if anybody has any starting point ideas that would be great, thanks in advance :smile::smile:
Reply 1
Here are the themes and some ideas

1) explore using the technique chiaroscuro, put candles and light parts of faces, show light and dark parts of people (physical) and also personality ( psychological/mental)

2) Pick a holiday you've been on and explore a travel diary using an artist or two as references and inspiration. Be sure to use art to evoke the mood/smells and feelings you experienced

3)Look at buildings and architecture in your town ( perhaps exploring older aspects as new one will be VERY common by most candidates under this title) Or looking at industry structures, roots of a tree, maps and roads, pull apart an old electronic item and paint what you see on the inside - could lead to some beautiful black and white prints

4)I probably wouldn't do this and it doesn't have enough depth or emotional significance !

5) Equally, this probably isn't the best seeing as you've not got very long at all to complete the work!

- You are already quite behind ( as most people started in February) I would suggest picking two KEY artists for whichever project you do and then exploring them in equal depth before coming to a final outcome which merges what you have learnt. It is quality not quantity.

DO YOU KNOW ANYBODY FROM YOUR SCHOOL WHO HAD THE GRAPHIC COMMUNICATION PAPER - IF SO COULD YOU TELL ME THE THEMES, as I need the same exam board jus the graphics ones! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest