The Student Room Group

Alleged rape by two footballers, woman too drunk to remember anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inkblot
A lot of people seem to think that rape has to be about violence or coercion of some kind. If a person does not give consent, than that's enough to count as rape. This means that If the person is unable to consent, that is rape. It's simple as that.
If someone is so drunk that they are in no fit state to give consent then any sexual act performed on them is non-consensual.

In this case the jury believed that the victim was not in a condition where she was able to consent. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17791881

But she was too drunk to even remember!

This is a joke, and it should be thrown out. No evidence.

Saying all this.......... we dont know the full report until it comes out, there may have been some evidence we have not seen. It will be interesting.
The law clearly states that if I get hammered and go out, and punch someone, then you cannot use the 'I was drunk' excuse. The way the law views it is that if you knowingly got yourself in that state, then you are accountable for your actions.

Now I am in now way saying "girls who get drunk are asking for it"... but I am saying that "If a girl says 'yes' when drunk" then that is consent. I simply don't accept that they can then argue that they were too drunk when they said that. THey are grown up. They should be just as responsible for saying "yes" as they would be for smashing a window when drunk and nicking a TV.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
this is why so many rapists get away because of your attitude. its quite horrible really. hopefully you get some understanding and life experience behind you before you become lawyer.

Who said I was going to become a lawyer?:confused:
Reply 343
Original post by arichmond64
But she was too drunk to even remember!

This is a joke, and it should be thrown out. No evidence.

Saying all this.......... we dont know the full report until it comes out, there may have been some evidence we have not seen. It will be interesting.

There was enough evidence to convict. The statements from witnesses including the hotel receptionist saying that the girl was too drunk to even stand up properly suggest that she wasn't in a fit state to consent to sex and that was obviously sufficient for the jury to decide.

She had gone back to the hotel with Clayton MacDonald, and the fact that she was so drunk says to me that he was pretty lucky to get away not-guilty. However, she had never met Ched Evans before the hotel room so as far as the jury are concerned, she could not have consented to sex with that man.

Listen, I'm not saying that the law is perfect on this but as it stands, if someone is affected by drunkenness to such a degree that they *might* not know what they are doing, then having sex with them is obviously taking advantage. If they decide to report that as a rape then they have a pretty strong case that could lead to conviction.
I heed:

Nita Dowell, senior prosecutor for the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in Wales, said Evans, 23, "took advantage" of his victim "who was in no fit state" to consent to sex.

She wants rape victims to feel their complaint will be taken seriously.

Ms Dowell said: "He did so knowingly and with a total disregard for her physical or emotional wellbeing.

"It is a myth that being vulnerable through alcohol consumption means that a victim is somehow responsible for being raped.

"The law is clear; being vulnerable through drink or drugs does not imply consent."

The law has spoke for this boy now and he must face the consequence of his crime. nothing else to be said.
Original post by theoferdinand
The day i get sent to jail for having sex with a drunk girl is the day that i go to jail for causing gbh to a woman . FACT

what are you trying to say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending