The Student Room Group

Is 57000 miles considered a lot for a 2007 car?

For a 2007 car, is 57000 miles a lot? It's a Vauxhall Corsa.
Reply 1
Average mileage is often classified as 12000 a year.
That's got around the 14000 mark so not too bad I'd say!
Reply 2
I would say it's average.
Reply 3
Cool - sounds good - thanks guys.
I would say it's quite high for a small car like that.

Is it petrol or diesel?
Reply 5
Original post by walterwhite123
I would say it's quite high for a small car like that.

Is it petrol or diesel?

How comes? It's a petrol.
Original post by iPhone
How comes? It's a petrol.

I would say it's pretty high then for a small petrol. People would expect diesels to have higher mileages as they would for bigger cars.
Reply 7
57000 miles is nothing for modern cars. As long as it's been maintained properly there's nothing to worry about.
Reply 8
Original post by FXX
57000 miles is nothing for modern cars. As long as it's been maintained properly there's nothing to worry about.

True.

@OP. Only issue is that it's coming up to 60k. 60-80k poses a lot of maintenance/service work usually for a lot of cars - but again, it depends, some major work might have been carried out early. Just thoroughly inspect service history, MOT's and check owner forums for common problems and things to look out for.

The more research you do on a car/model, the better. You can never be too clued up on a car you're going to buy. A few hours online and a couple of questions on a forum could potentially save you a large amount of cash somewhere down the line.
Reply 9
It is high mileage for a Corsa which are normally city cars with lower than average mileage.

But this just means it is a negotiating point of the price.
Reply 10
About average.

Should still have plenty of life left to it on condition it had been well looked after.
Reply 11
It is only a number on the dashboard - it means nothing.

Buy one condition and history, not what a little number on the dash says! My car is on 112k and drives perfectly.
Reply 12
57000 will be significantly above average for a Corsa of that age - but it isn't enormous and, as others have said, if it's been looked after there shouldn't be any problems.
Reply 13
Ugs has only just done over 20k and he's 2007.

But he's a bike :getmecoat:
My cars a 2001 and It's only done 46,000 miles :biggrin:

But for a corsa as long as it's been serviced properly it should be fine. Vauxhall engines are usually reasonably good reliability wise.

You do need to check if the cam belt has been changed because the intervals are usually 40k or 60k so if it's not been changed already you'll have to pay for it to be changed soon after getting it and thats a couple of hundred quid.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 1992LP
It is only a number on the dashboard - it means nothing.

Buy one condition and history, not what a little number on the dash says! My car is on 112k and drives perfectly.

Depends whether they are buying or selling.
Reply 16
Original post by walterwhite123
Depends whether they are buying or selling.

Of course, the general population think that small number = better car.

You can use this to your advantage when buying since there is a smaller demand for higher mileage cars so the prices are lower :smile:
Original post by FXX

I agree.
Original post by 1992LP
Of course, the general population think that small number = better car.

You can use this to your advantage when buying since there is a smaller demand for higher mileage cars so the prices are lower :smile:

Which will affect the sale. It doesn't matter if the fact is that there is no problem with it, it's the public perception that matters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending