The Student Room Group

Revision/Discussion Thread Edexcel Economics Unit 2 Friday 25th of May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Predictions on 30 mark question?
I think something about budget might come up. Obviously not the George Osborne budget since the exam is written way before.
Reply 103
Original post by nakz_
i need edexcel not AQA

ah my bad
Reply 104
Original post by YingYang
ah my bad

no worries, gave u a positive for wanting to help anyway :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by nakz_
anyone have january 2012 QP for unit 2 ?

Here you go :smile:
Reply 106
Original post by ryanboi
Here you go :smile:

brilliant, cheers buddy, will give u a positive when my limit gets reset :biggrin:
Reply 107
Will any valid argument get marks, even if its not on mark scheme? for any question.
Reply 108
Can someone make a short list of common evaluation points?
I came up with
-C is 66% of AD,( AD related questions )
-Multiplier Effect
-Conflicts with other policies(if this actually works)
Reply 109
Original post by Warfare
Can someone make a short list of common evaluation points?
I came up with
-C is 66% of AD,( AD related questions )
-Multiplier Effect
-Conflicts with other policies(if this actually works)

-Time lag (for the effect of government spending and investment)
-Magnitude (though not as useful...)
-Value of marginal propensity to consume(mpc) (for multiplier: the larger the mpc the larger the multiplier)
-some depend on the question and your answer.
Reply 110
Original post by egg123
Will any valid argument get marks, even if its not on mark scheme? for any question.

Yes I think they would because the mark schemes say sometimes that they are not an exhaustive account.
Would governments providing subsidies to firms so they can buy better capital count as a supply side policy? Or is that more fiscal?
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
Would governments providing subsidies to firms so they can buy better capital count as a supply side policy? Or is that more fiscal?

It is a supply side policy, but is also a fiscal policy the two interlink. Providing subsides will raise AD in the short run (Government Spending + Investment), and increase the productive capacity in the long run and also shift AS to the right.
Reply 113
how do you evaluate elasticiy of AD?
Reply 114
I really cba doing anything today why cant the economics exam be after the half term .....
Reply 115
Original post by shaminn
Can someone help me evaluate the concept of the Phillips Curve?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Basically, inflation is inversely proportional to unemployment. In times of low unemployment people are more inclined to demand pay rises and wages increase as supply of labour is scarce. The opposite is true in times of high unemployment where firms have the upper hand and people feel less job secure therefore inflation tends to be lower.
phillips.gif
Original post by shaminn
Can someone help me evaluate the concept of the Phillips Curve?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Phillips aimed to look at the trend between unemployment and inflation (although many say that this theory actually went out the window after the 1960's).
He argued that in high inflation times, there will be low unemployment (and vice versa).
Increased spending leads to AD increase. With increased spending, in theory, should come increased employment as the manufacturers have to keep up with demand efficiently. However, intevitably, with increased spending (increased AD) comes an increase in the general price level (inflation).
This is what the theory is based on, however, I would say today it is irrelevant and if you look at recent 'Phillips Curves' they often show no correlation at all.
Original post by dan94adibi
Predictions on 30 mark question?
I think something about budget might come up. Obviously not the George Osborne budget since the exam is written way before.

i think its going to be about olympics, considering its yet to come up and didnt come up in unit 1 =D
Reply 118
Can someone please quickly post the Jan 12 examiners report
Original post by Jack_Smith
i think its going to be about olympics, considering its yet to come up and didnt come up in unit 1 =D

So that'll be AD stuff and potentially supply side stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending