The Student Room Group

Revision/Discussion Thread Edexcel Economics Unit 2 Friday 25th of May 2012

Couldn't seem to find a thread on discussion of Economics exam in the summer. Maybe is too early to have one, but I thought is a good idea to start the thread now so we can all have discussion and help each other out for this exams :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hows everyone preparing for the exam? Only bout 3.5 weeks to go. If anyones got any notes, I would love it if it was shared. Especially on the damn definitions. Tips are also appreciated =D
Reply 2
hey !! HOW ARE you guys revising for this unit 2? i jsut started my revision this week!! i have 19 days left. any advise ? this is my resit . i previously got a grade U so i really need help now. what do you guys think is going to be the main topic of the data response for unit 2?

i dont know much about the Uk's economy and i suppose i should for the macroeconomics exam. Can someone please tell me what has happened to the UK economy over the past one year?? since the examiner wrote the May 25 exam paper one year in advance .
Reply 3
I'm revising for this and unit 1 which is on the 14th....
Reply 4
Any idea on what's likely to come up on the data response?
Reply 5
I'm just worried about the 30 marker!
Reply 6
Original post by happyman888
I'm just worried about the 30 marker!

The 30 marker is not as hard as you think it is. My teacher told me that normally the 30 marker is on macroeconomic objectives or policies as they are big topics and have lots of stuff to talk about. Obviously, there are few exceptions but mostly, it is on objectives or policies.

If you break the 30 marker down into two sections. 18 marks and 12 marks.

18 marks - KAA

2 marks - definitions
4 marks - diagram
12 marks - State 3 points to answer the question. Obviously, develop your point. Or you can do 2 points each worth 6 marks. But personally, i recommend doing 3 points each worth 4 marks.

12 marks - Evaluation

You have stated 3 points, now evaluate these 3 points. So you will have 3 evaluation with each worth 4 marks.

:smile:
Reply 7
does anyone have an idea of what topic(s) are the most likely to come up? any predictions your teachers suggested???
Reply 8
My teacher predicted cotton for unit 1, and clothing retailers, which came up - the graph that she showed us on the Wednesday was the one in the exam :P
And she's predicting employment and export led growth if you want to take her predictions
Reply 9
Original post by ryanboi
The 30 marker is not as hard as you think it is. My teacher told me that normally the 30 marker is on macroeconomic objectives or policies as they are big topics and have lots of stuff to talk about. Obviously, there are few exceptions but mostly, it is on objectives or policies.

If you break the 30 marker down into two sections. 18 marks and 12 marks.

18 marks - KAA

2 marks - definitions
4 marks - diagram
12 marks - State 3 points to answer the question. Obviously, develop your point. Or you can do 2 points each worth 6 marks. But personally, i recommend doing 3 points each worth 4 marks.

12 marks - Evaluation

You have stated 3 points, now evaluate these 3 points. So you will have 3 evaluation with each worth 4 marks.

:smile:

Hi Mate, I remember you from Unit one! How Unit one go for you in January?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
Original post by shaminn
Hi Mate, I remember you from Unit one! How Unit one go for you in January?

You ite man, and Unit 1 went well. Got 100 UMS :smile: What bout you?
Reply 11
Original post by ryanboi
You ite man, and Unit 1 went well. Got 100 UMS :smile: What bout you?

Bloody hell that's excellent, well done though :smile: I got 93 UMS so it wasn't too bad for me I guess.

How are you doing for Unit 2 I haven't revised an inch yet because of other exams. But I think it should be okay just need to brush up on some stuff I've let some terminology etc slip lately

Reply 12
Original post by shaminn
Bloody hell that's excellent, well done though :smile: I got 93 UMS so it wasn't too bad for me I guess.

How are you doing for Unit 2 I haven't revised an inch yet because of other exams. But I think it should be okay just need to brush up on some stuff I've let some terminology etc slip lately

Well done to you too :smile: Unit 2 is great. Better than Unit 1. Am ready for it lol Hopefully, another 100UMS. Finger Crossed. Am sure you will do fine :smile: Are you confident about the exam?
Reply 13
Original post by ryanboi
Well done to you too :smile: Unit 2 is great. Better than Unit 1. Am ready for it lol Hopefully, another 100UMS. Finger Crossed. Am sure you will do fine :smile: Are you confident about the exam?

Well I haven't revised yet it I seem to find it much easier and more common sense than anything. But because I havent gone over everything I feel like I might not know everything yet so im not overly confident yet. I would be happy with anything over 90UMS. I'm going to start revision for it tmrw afternoon.

Reply 14
Original post by shaminn
Well I haven't revised yet it I seem to find it much easier and more common sense than anything. But because I havent gone over everything I feel like I might not know everything yet so im not overly confident yet. I would be happy with anything over 90UMS. I'm going to start revision for it tmrw afternoon.

Nice stuff :smile: Good Luck with your revisions and exams ! :smile:
Got this exam coming up too! Hopefully we'll all do well, I've got exams so I haven't had the time to concentrate on it properly! But I did Unit 1 on Friday and I'm hoping THAT went well!

Reply 16
What I tend to do when revising for Economics, is I tend to read the textbooks fully. Then I do every past paper there has ever beens multiple choice. And around 5 timed exams (including multiple choice). I average around 1 hour 5 mins currently and around 74-85% each time.

quick edit */ Just realised this was Edexcel, i'm taking AQA economics. None the less good luck everyone! /*
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
This might be useful for Edexcel AS Econ candidates.

There is a free online AS Macro revision clinic with Geoff, Mo, Ian and the tutor2u Econ team tomorrow evening (22 May) from 8.30 pm for anyone who would like a little extra support ahead of Friday. over 450 students logged into the first AS Macro clinic - a similar number expected tomorrow night!

Geoff, Mo and several others on the teacher panel teach Edexcel Econ - so bound to be lots of good support for the unit in the clinic Q&A.

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics/comments/as-macro-unit-2-economics-online-revision-clinic-tuesday-22-may-2012

Jim
Reply 18
Can someone please help me out? How do you revise for economics 2? I've learnt most the stuff and i've done the majority of the past papers, how do you revise for it?
Reply 19
got 66 the first time, 70 the second time. third and last time lucky i guess :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending