Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

religion and hate

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why do people of different religions hate each other so much? and what have they got against atheists ?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess conflicting views is the main thing... Learning to express your points about your beliefs calmly and sensibly is something that sadly some people in various groups fail to be able to do. That is where the supposed hatred comes from.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    My problem with Atheism is that they may force their ideology down people's throats. I fear a Soviet, Chinese or even Albanian replay may happen.

Sound familiar?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im an atheist i would never try and make you change your mind i think its good you beleive in something
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Competing ideas about God just manufacture violence.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    People like to belong to a group and once they belong to a group they like to take measures to achieve superiority over other available groups. This has been demonstrated to be true in a number of contexts and adequately answers your questions.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celvandamn)
    im an atheist i would never try and make you change your mind i think its good you beleive in something
    Yeah, but you moderates just give credibility to the fundamentalists, so you're part of the problem.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Standard group mentality, Humans are violent, aggressive and sadistic by nature. Religion gives people a perfect way to distinguish the are and are nots thus allowing them to justify actions against them.

It's like football hooliganism on a larger scale, people join a firm so they can basically fight and satisfy their primal needs while building a sense of belonging and importance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    people who are insecure in their beliefs do this, they don't like the fact that other people who have different beliefs to them in case they may actually be right so they try and stop this
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celvandamn)
    A growing problem in the atheist movement.

People who are tolerant of the intolerant.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    My problem with Atheism is that they may force their ideology down people's throats
    the irony...

based on TSR, its always on religious discussions... hardly forcing, and its not like atheism is the only one at fault

its more of a personality trait than one due to religion, just like with theists
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    the irony...

based on TSR, its always on religious discussions... hardly forcing, and its not like atheism is the only one at fault
    You missed the point of my post, there's irony indeed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its not just people of other faiths hating wach other, but also within faiths. like sunni shia in islam
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Religion shows a way to run our life
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreiviergrenadier)
    Yeah, but you moderates just give credibility to the fundamentalists, so you're part of the problem.
    Fundementalist atheist?! Thats a contradiction in terms.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Worshippers of faiths that are monotheistic in nature are subconsciously threatened by those of us who have a religion that is either polytheistic or atheistic in nature. I feel the same way about people harshing my mellow about Buddhism. As a side note, I want to add that I joined the site just to post on this thread. Approx. 20 mins ago. Haha..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Religions give their followers a belief of divine selection, of being a chosen people, of being the recipients of a truth that no other group knows. This makes them special and better than everyone else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Religions give their followers a belief of divine selection, of being a chosen people, of being the recipients of a truth that no other group knows. This makes them special and better than everyone else.
    Digging the sarcasm, very well put my friend.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's only islam that does that. all other religions are peacefull.

islam means = submission. not peace.

look how christians are treated in those countries. like crap.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claymatser)
    it's only islam that does that. all other religions are peacefull.

islam means = submission. not peace.

look how christians are treated in those countries. like crap.
    Here we go again...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.