Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A levels/IB schools help?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be starting Year 12 next September, and I'm starting to look at some schools. I'd love opinions on good schools/colleges, though I'm not really sure about whether to take A levels or the IB. Is Cheltenham Ladies' really that hard to get into? From what I see on the website, it looks really nice (and posh hehe).
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit hard to recommend places when I have no idea whereabouts you live and where you can travel too! I regret taking the IB... It's a lot more work and unis expect more of you, quite often a level offers and ib offers are quite unfair... My school (dartford grammar) is pretty good for the ib though... And they've been doing it since 1994 so they've got lots of experience and you get a wide range of subjects to choose from
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxelliexX)
    It's a bit hard to recommend places when I have no idea whereabouts you live and where you can travel too! I regret taking the IB... It's a lot more work and unis expect more of you, quite often a level offers and ib offers are quite unfair... My school (dartford grammar) is pretty good for the ib though... And they've been doing it since 1994 so they've got lots of experience and you get a wide range of subjects to choose from
    I live outside the UK so location isn't really an issue. Yeah, I guess doing the IB requires you to do more subjects. Thanks.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cheltenham Ladies isn't hard to get into at all really! Trust me we have some seriously stupid people here, I don't know how they got here:L

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.