Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What music do your friends sneer at?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anything that vaguely falls into the realms of punk, 'oldies' or folk/country.

Especially Dolly Parton
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Thanks. Sorry for the slow reply - got caught up in work!
    I have decent enough speakers, though I can usually tell when they're not quite doing the job. If that is the case I have earphones which can cope with pretty much anything.

Though the fact I can hear the very high frequencies at all through my speakers is suggesting that they're good enough. Tried it with my earphones just to see how it compares and it's a more intimate experience...definitely starting to think my earphones are better, despite only being about £25 compared to my £80 speakers.

It's certainly an interesting style of music. Not sure if it's something I could listen to for an extended period of time though. The way the high pitch noises and strong bass alternate from left to right panning is pretty disorientating. But there's some very interesting sounds here, I'll give it that.
    Yes. Don't worry, I am interested in a plethora of genres when it comes to music and so I don't purely listen to that sort of stuff.

Nice one for checking it out but don't let it keep you from your work. You don't want tinnitus in your exams!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..lauren)
    My music taste ranges from Alphabeat to Ben Howard to Biffy Clyro to Crystal Castles, Death Cab for Cutie, Howler, Metronomy, Snow Patrol, Twin Atlantic, the list goes on. Point being, it's pretty varied and rather unpredictable: I could be listening to The White Stripes or You Me at Six at any given time, and as far as I'm concerned, it is no one else's business and I don't really care about anyones response
    I love that you went to the trouble of putting them in alphabetical order!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anything hard rock/metal is sneered at when I listen to it. Asking Alexandria/A Day To Remember/Nickelback/Attack Attack!/BVB etc are key bands in my favourite music. I get told 'it's all screaming how can you understand it' or 'all the songs sound the same it sounds crap' etc etc.

:headbang: So i reply with a polite '**** you' and continue rockin' out! :headbang:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someone-Somewhere)
    I've once had a girl try and tell me that Black Sabbath were terrible and that I should listen to some Black Veil Brides
    My reaction:
    Attachment 142129
    Gotta give her that one. She's one damn right girl! :aetsch:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep that doesn't have 'sick' drops, 'wobbles', or vocals.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Emilie Autumn...:rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Kasabian. most of my friends hate on them... no idea why. :/

I sneer at... Skrillex. I just don't get it... why is he all of a sudden so big?! He has nothing on the new DJs... Otto Knows, Alesso etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got to the point where whenever the question "has anyone got an ipod?" is posed I don't even bother to respond. In the past when I have, the music controller spends five minutes roaming through, puts on one song (usually 'Flux' by Bloc Party) then hands it back.

(Original post by JollyGreenAtheist)
    I'm really into folk/folk-indie, which my friends mistake for farmer music. JOHNNY FLYNN IS NOT A FARMER, HE IS A SHAKESPEARIAN ACTOR YOU IMBECILES.
    I dragged my friend along to one of his gigs and her only reaction when he came on was "He's really hot but he sounds like he should have a beard."
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chavalis)
    I dragged my friend along to one of his gigs and her only reaction when he came on was "He's really hot but he sounds like he should have a beard."
    Ahh, I'm yet to see him live, but I'd really love to.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I listen to metal and grindcore, you can see how that goes. People who want to slag it off can **** off.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Most of my friends don't understand why I listen to trance music.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Hobbit)
    I love that you went to the trouble of putting them in alphabetical order!
    I'm cool like that
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adsm_inamorta)
    Anything hard rock/metal is sneered at when I listen to it. Asking Alexandria/A Day To Remember/Nickelback/Attack Attack!/BVB etc are key bands in my favourite music. I get told 'it's all screaming how can you understand it' or 'all the songs sound the same it sounds crap' etc etc.

:headbang: So i reply with a polite '**** you' and continue rockin' out! :headbang:
    You like this and think black sabbath is bad?

Please be trolling. no one can be that dense.:confused:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like German music, and listen to Kiss 100 London radio station as 'background music' sometimes.

My friends are always appauled, but I never claimed to have any taste in music :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)
    You like this and think black sabbath is bad?

Please be trolling. no one can be that dense.:confused:
    Black Sabbath's vocals are outrageous - the influence for my hate towards Osborne. Plus they are not a 'modern metal' band. Nothing like modern bands.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adsm_inamorta)
    Black Sabbath's vocals are outrageous - the influence for my hate towards Osborne. Plus they are not a 'modern metal' band. Nothing like modern bands.
    But none of the bands you mentioned are modern metal :confused: metalcore maybe, at a push, but metal? nope.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    None. All my friends listen to all types of music from Bob Dylan to Tyler, the Creator to Death Metal to mainstream Pop to underground Dubstep.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any genre outside Hip Hop or Dubstep.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My iPod unplugged and played A Hard Days Night by The Beatles in class once. A friend said The Beatles are crap and wen't on about how her music is better.

"Sure, Dappy is a musical genius. Fine."

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 20, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.