The Student Room Group

How's your revision progress ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Benniboi1
anybody up for a late nighter tonight? :biggrin: been badly lacking in motivation this week and it decides to come back on the last night of the holidays, may as well make the most of it :biggrin:

Me! The panic has set in, haha! I've got biology coursework to finish, random other stuff I need to do, and cover half a unit. Just think, if we revise from now until 2:30-3:00, then it's like a whole school day. :biggrin:

Good luck!
Reply 41
Original post by ummm
Me! The panic has set in, haha! I've got biology coursework to finish, random other stuff I need to do, and cover half a unit. Just think, if we revise from now until 2:30-3:00, then it's like a whole school day. :biggrin:

Good luck!

You know it :biggrin: My exams don't start for a month and a half, so I'm trying to get ahead of schedule before the nerves kick in! I spent half the holiday using the excuse that I had to wait for a Physics revision guide to come before I could start revising... that wasn't the best idea I've had :tongue:

good luck to you!

(might have to make a late night revision thread if this becomes a habbit..)
Reply 42
You know it :biggrin: My exams don't start for a month and a half, so I'm trying to get ahead of schedule before the nerves kick in! I spent half the holiday using the excuse that I had to wait for a Physics revision guide to come before I could start revising... that wasn't the best idea I've had :tongue:

good luck to you!

(might have to make a late night revision thread if this becomes a habbit..)

Mine start a month yesterday. :frown: But I'm not doing too badly really... I'll finish covering all the content completely by the end of this week, and then it's just past papers past papers past papers. Thank god I was motivated in the first term for unit 1's... :biggrin:

Yes! I need to make this a habit! I keep falling asleep by accident around midnight... not good!

That's a perfectly good reason to not revise :wink:
How can you have lasted so long without a revision guide? I couldn't have survived without mine since the beginning of the year!:tongue:
Reply 43
Original post by ummm
Mine start a month yesterday. :frown: But I'm not doing too badly really... I'll finish covering all the content completely by the end of this week, and then it's just past papers past papers past papers. Thank god I was motivated in the first term for unit 1's... :biggrin:

Yes! I need to make this a habit! I keep falling asleep by accident around midnight... not good!

That's a perfectly good reason to not revise :wink:
How can you have lasted so long without a revision guide? I couldn't have survived without mine since the beginning of the year!:tongue:

I'm guessing you're doing your AS's then? :tongue: you're doing well if you're on past papers soon, I think I did nothing last year in Easter and only started past papers a couple of weeks before the exams but all went well :biggrin:

I had revision guides for the unit I did in January but I was debating whether getting one for this exam was worth it, then I realised it was only £3 on ebay so it would be stupid not to have got one! :tongue:

My problem isn't falling asleep, it's getting up tomorrow! I only have 2 lessons and one of them is first thing, something says I'm going to be late!
bricking it because I have 6 10-credit modules to catch up on, and then revise, but I'm still working on this ****ing project
Reply 45
i think it's going ok - dedicated the easter holiday + 1 extra week to learn all the content (biol2, chemistry unit2, dreaded salters board, economics unit2, C2, S1) Then leaving myself 3 weeks for past papers, past papers, past papers.
Not very well. I had revised for mocks however I've forgotten most of it..I think I'll cram everything into this month, 4 weeks should get me through these exams. I've only really revised through bits and bobs of chem (i've learned a few chemical formulas and i've done 40 pages in my past paper booklet), I've done a TRIED yet failed to start my physics....I've also done some maths..youtube tutorials haha!!
Reply 47
I'm guessing you're doing your AS's then? :tongue: you're doing well if you're on past papers soon, I think I did nothing last year in Easter and only started past papers a couple of weeks before the exams but all went well :biggrin:

I had revision guides for the unit I did in January but I was debating whether getting one for this exam was worth it, then I realised it was only £3 on ebay so it would be stupid not to have got one! :tongue:

My problem isn't falling asleep, it's getting up tomorrow! I only have 2 lessons and one of them is first thing, something says I'm going to be late!

Yeah, I'm doing AS. I've already done half of them for maths... none for any of my other subjects though (apart from the odd one or two months ago..). That's a reassurance then! What did you get last year? :smile:

Ahhh, I see. £3 is good! My AS maths cgp guide feels like such a waste... I won't even use half of it because it includes the mechanics and decision modules as well.

How's the work gone so far? I've neeearly finished my coursework, just a few more changes! Not looking forward to waking up early tomorrow... AT ALL. :nooo:
Reply 48
Original post by ummm

Ahhh, I see. £3 is good! My AS maths cgp guide feels like such a waste... I won't even use half of it because it includes the mechanics and decision modules as well.

Hm, I luckily don't have that problem for the AS one, as I did Stats1 in Further and D1 in regular AS, and M1 in A2 Maths (atm). My A2 book, however, is completely useless... IT doesn't have D2, so that didnt help in my Further exam, and our college doesn't do M2 or S2..

Still gutted that there isn't a book for Further, though... I could really do with the cgp-style of revision material for those modules right now... =/
Reply 49
Original post by a rusH
Videos of Charlie the Budgie on YouTube become fascinating and Phagocytosis doesn't seem that important all of a sudden.... Then before I know it, it's nearly the end of the Easter holiday :angry:
It's so hard to keep motivated!
Thanks, I'll be needing it too :cry:

Thank God for S.Cool and Dr. Bateman and all these fantastic sites; I've just lifted the relevant text and been editing it to match the specification requirements, now, because I'm so out-timed that if I spend ages typing them from scrath, I won't actually FINISH AHHHHHH and I have past papers for C1, C2, S1, M1, Chem 1 and 2, Bio 1 and 2 due tomorrow and the day after. :'(

I'd been writing my notes from scrath and they take flipping years!!!!!! IUSABNCIOSANDCOIN

GAHHHHHHHHH :cry2:

WE CAN DO THIS.

WAIT, what were the chances that I'd write TWO REAL WORDS CONSECUTIVELY IN RANDOM QUICK TYPING, i.e. when you just mash the keyboard!?!? It's gotta be a sign! WE WILL ALL PASS
Reply 50
Original post by ummm
Ahh, that sucks! I'm on Edexcel for chemistry and biology, and AQA for maths. Have you done much of chemistry unit 2 yet? I'm finding it pretty difficult... MUCH harder than unit 1... especially all the halogen/group 1 and 2 reactions and organics... :s-smilie:

I've started it today. I've already done shapes of molecules and ions and most of intermolecular forces, so I've got the rest to do.

There's just so much to learn. D:

I'm worried that I'm going to fail because of my inability to be word-perfect. I can learn lines in a day, but I can't learn definitions in a day. Why I can't, I'll never know. :sigh: :facepalm:
Reply 51
Original post by loopy786
Thank God for S.Cool and Dr. Bateman and all these fantastic sites; I've just lifted the relevant text and been editing it to match the specification requirements, now, because I'm so out-timed that if I spend ages typing them from scrath, I won't actually FINISH AHHHHHH and I have past papers for C1, C2, S1, M1, Chem 1 and 2, Bio 1 and 2 due tomorrow and the day after. :'(

I'd been writing my notes from scrath and they take flipping years!!!!!! IUSABNCIOSANDCOIN

GAHHHHHHHHH :cry2:

WE CAN DO THIS.

WAIT, what were the chances that I'd write TWO REAL WORDS CONSECUTIVELY IN RANDOM QUICK TYPING, i.e. when you just mash the keyboard!?!? It's gotta be a sign! WE WILL ALL PASS

I've been making notes from my textbooks, but then whenever I look at a past paper I have no idea what the questions are about :|
Ahh, I don't start school until next Tuesday! Unlucky... I'm sure you'll get it done on time anyway, just lock yourself in your room until it's finished :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by a rusH
I've been making notes from my textbooks, but then whenever I look at a past paper I have no idea what the questions are about :|
Ahh, I don't start school until next Tuesday! Unlucky... I'm sure you'll get it done on time anyway, just lock yourself in your room until it's finished :biggrin:

I'm just going to have to make hand notes because typing up Chemistry is taking TOO LOOOONG GAHHHHHH whereas Biology is faster and easier to type up (because it's all rote-learning facts, no actual understanding, dang-flabbit.. ¬¬)

Lucky you. :frown: I keep praying for there to be a magical extra holiday but it's not working. :frown:

Time to conquer the textbook and spec. all over again.

I'm spending so much time making notes that I haven't actually LEARNT them or done any papers!! SO. SCREWED.
Original post by kemekpo
Last year I started revision after easter, I had 4 weeks to cram 4 AS exams, Bio, Chem, Econs and business as well as an A2 exam in maths. Slept at 2am each day woke up at 7am and revised throughout the day hitting double figured revision hours. In the end I came out with 3A's 2B's and im a medic offer holder now so it is possible. Focus during these next couple of weeks!!!

Hey, thanks for that :smile:
Thats really motivated me.
The thing is my concentration span is very short.
I guess if i really want to study medicine i got to give it all it got :wink:

And congratulations on you offer! :banana:
Reply 54
Got any tips for revising History AS and Maths S1 ?
Reply 55
I'm just going to have to make hand notes because typing up Chemistry is taking TOO LOOOONG GAHHHHHH whereas Biology is faster and easier to type up (because it's all rote-learning facts, no actual understanding, dang-flabbit.. ¬¬)

Lucky you. :frown: I keep praying for there to be a magical extra holiday but it's not working. :frown:

Time to conquer the textbook and spec. all over again.

I'm spending so much time making notes that I haven't actually LEARNT them or done any papers!! SO. SCREWED.

Same :/ I guess I'm just going to have to be an unsociable nerd for the next month or so, wont talk to anybody or see anybody until I finish exams haha! At least it's over soon!
Reply 56
Original post by WNB
Got exactly same amount of exams and type too. God help us LOL & good luck :cheers:

haha we will survive! and you too! :yeah:
Reply 57
Original post by a rusH
Same :/ I guess I'm just going to have to be an unsociable nerd for the next month or so, wont talk to anybody or see anybody until I finish exams haha! At least it's over soon!

HOLD UP I did a Unit 2 Chem. practice papers, looking up something once, and got 77.5% without revision... HALLELUJAH I MIGHT NOT DIE AFTER ALLLL WOOOOOO

Yep, but I'm always at home, working, when I'm not doing the billions of things I have to do for all the things I've taken on and all the subjects, sigh.

My day is: wake up at 4:30/5:00am, work, school from 9-5pm, sometimes until 5:30pm, then work until about 2:00am most of the time.

Having had the Easter hols, don't know how I did it..
Reply 58
HOLD UP I did a Unit 2 Chem. practice papers, looking up something once, and got 77.5% without revision... HALLELUJAH I MIGHT NOT DIE AFTER ALLLL WOOOOOO

Yep, but I'm always at home, working, when I'm not doing the billions of things I have to do for all the things I've taken on and all the subjects, sigh.

My day is: wake up at 4:30/5:00am, work, school from 9-5pm, sometimes until 5:30pm, then work until about 2:00am most of the time.

Having had the Easter hols, don't know how I did it..

Woah! I would probably be dead if I had that kind of lifestyle :redface: That's amazing!
I signed up for Pottermore.

It is going to ruin my life.
Reply 59
Original post by a rusH
Woah! I would probably be dead if I had that kind of lifestyle :redface: That's amazing!
I signed up for Pottermore.

It is going to ruin my life.

It makes me really vulnerable, though. So it has taken a toll on my physical being as well as my emotional being. It means that dicks on YouTube can really make my blood curdle when they insult my facial paralysis. (Sorry, a tad angry. :P )

WOOO WHAT HOUSE

I'm in Ravenclaw

Beta Tester FTW!!!!! :biggrin:DDD Ruined my life today because I kept duelling and potioneering. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending