The Student Room Group

How's your revision progress ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by loopy786
It makes me really vulnerable, though. So it has taken a toll on my physical being as well as my emotional being. It means that dicks on YouTube can really make my blood curdle when they insult my facial paralysis. (Sorry, a tad angry. :P )

WOOO WHAT HOUSE

I'm in Ravenclaw

Beta Tester FTW!!!!! :biggrin:DDD Ruined my life today because I kept duelling and potioneering. :frown:

I'm Ravenclaw too!!! :biggrin: :five:
Hahaha I've been on it for like the past 5 hours :s-smilie: I'm so sad..... It's so addictive!!
Reply 61
Specs and CGP
revision flash cards
going over on bitesize
past papers starting soon

strugglin'
Reply 62
Where is the gun?
Revision is just not happening, however hard I try ...
Reply 63
My revision isn't going too badly, though i'm not confident for maths and still have lots to do. for those who have said that they are revising but are forgetting what they've learnt/it's going in one ear and out of the other, my advice would be to just keep reading through your notes everyday, even when you learn new content, just spend about half an hour each day looking over and memorising everything you've learnt so far. remember repitition, highlighters etc etc are all gd techniques for memorizing.

Just remember by May/June we will be free from revision for a good few months to just chill and enjoy the summer, so buckle down now and it'll all pay off, you can spend your summer free from worrying about exams. So for this next month work sooo hard, and then you can have a well deserved break after
I have all science and maths to revise for = my weakest!! just going to print out a good few past papers and mark schemes and try to remember everything I can..I'll hopefully have enough time to learn off loads of CGP revision guides and learn off mark schemes..I can't really see any other solution! started today..first exam is on the 15th May..last is on the 6th June...Don't see much point trying to remember everything off by heart two months before hand
Reply 65
Original post by milesofsea
Started yesterday. Today has been sabotaged. The rest of today and from now on will be the business.
Unless you don't actually comprehend the stuff you need to know AT ALL, it's do-able.
Do this:

-Accept that sleep and fun are not priorities anymore for this short period of time. Stay up late/wake up super early (late works for me), stock up on caffeine supplies of your choice (coffee and coke zero for me) and/or sweets and chocolate.

-Don't worry about your other goals now. Your 'bikini body' or looking like the hulk or applying for jobs or pursuing your heart's desire or your spots or ANYTHING apart from exams doesn't matter during this period. Nothing else matters but these exams, focus on NOTHING else. Your life is your books now. Don't even go out with your friends, they'll understand and are probably cramming just as much as you; the annoying organised ones can be go lonely clubbing, serves them right.

-FOCUS your revision. This especially applies to uni exams, it's amazing how little you can get away with learning and still get a good mark. Be tactful and suss out the past papers, then study those bits first. If you have time, obviously go that bit further to get higher marks.

-Stress yourself out just enough to build up motivation and adrenaline, but not so much that you freak out completely (remember, it's not actually the end of the world if you don't do well, there are always second chances/alternatives)

WE CAN DO IT

Your 'speech' was so motivating that I literally WROTE it down thank you and good luck in our exams although I'm only doing GCSEs I hope the best for everyone no matter what exam.:biggrin::biggrin:
Two weeks... i hate the IB... :frown:
I know nooooothing :frown:
Original post by lil-mazie
Your 'speech' was so motivating that I literally WROTE it down thank you and good luck in our exams although I'm only doing GCSEs I hope the best for everyone no matter what exam.:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm so very honoured :u:

and good luck!
Original post by XxelliexX
Two weeks... i hate the IB... :frown:
I know nooooothing :frown:

How many exams do you have for IB?
ive barely done any the last 2 weeks of holiday, done little bits each day, enough for a full days worth of work :sigh: just so many distractions :frown: starting to lose motivation as well, first exam in just over 3 weeks..
Original post by 1platinum
How many exams do you have for IB?

14, too many
Original post by loopy786
I'm on WJEC for Biology, and WHY my teachers decided to torture us like that, I'll NEVER. KNOW.

And for Chemistry and Maths., I'm with Edexcel. At least they have a textbook. :frown:

Wow, i've never heard of anyone doing WJEC Biology,
i Guess the the plus side is that your exam board
Isn't too picky on the terminology used like AQA :smile:

I feel your pain, Everyone does OCR A for chemistry,
My stupid school decided to do OCR B chemistry,
Which is harder and rubbish, and its so hard to find resources for it
online :angry: Stupid teachers!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by HopefulFutureMedic
Wow, i've never heard of anyone doing WJEC Biology,
i Guess the the plus side is that your exam board
Isn't too picky on the terminology used like AQA :smile:

I feel your pain, Everyone does OCR A for chemistry,
My stupid school decided to do OCR B chemistry,
Which is harder and rubbish, and its so hard to find resources for it
online :angry: Stupid teachers!

If you miss out one word, you don't get any of the marks. :frown: So it basically means you have to learn all past mark schemes off by heart. The specification isn't even the FULL spec., it's just a rough, sketchy guidance, and it is generally stupid. :frown:

SIGH Yeah, resources for WJEC are SO hard to find, it's annoying. I hate WJEC. :frown: :frown:

OH WELL We'll get through this somehow. GOOD LUCK :biggrin:DDDDDD
Reply 73
Original post by a rusH
I'm Ravenclaw too!!! :biggrin: :five:
Hahaha I've been on it for like the past 5 hours :s-smilie: I'm so sad..... It's so addictive!!

:five: RAVENCLAW PRIDE WOOOOOOOOOOO :biggrin: :moon: :excited:

It is SO. ADDICTIVE. I had a very long period where I didn't go on it thanks to work... don't want to slip into bad habits again seeing as I procrastinate enough.

Feeling mixed emotions today. I don't think I'll be chosen for Senior Prefect positions because I don't have an interview time. /dreamover And that's a little unexpected, people are very confused and shocked. SIGH Oh well. Life does that sometimes.

As you can tell, I'm quite het up about it. :frown:
Reply 74
Barely started D:
I have like three mock exams this week..
I had Chem yesterday, I don't even think i was able to scrape a pass ><
But I'm "trying" to revise...
Reply 76
I'm on top of my work, sticking to my plan like superglue.
Reply 77
Actually I have done my constant studying throughout the year. Because I really want to do well this year.

3 weeks more to go.

Was getting quite depress when I tried to do past papers. I thought I have covered all materials. But I realise, exam questions were so much more difficult than our exercises in text book and lecture notes.

Any advice, anyone ?

By the way, I am not referring to any A-level exams but uni's exams.
Reply 78
Are you doing it from scratch (learning it for the first time)? Or do you just have to re-visit and revise the topics that you've been taught?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending