The Student Room Group

OCR PSYCHOLOGY G542 core studies May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skilled
like the cognitive attachment, have u got the same for the rest of the approaches?, thnkx!

D6 G542 ID.pdf - i.d
D5 G542 Social.pdf - social

SORRY cant upload the rest - due to the files being large. you can get some other ones off the 'getrevising.co.uk' website . they have some really good ones.

good luck and may god be with you - dont forget to say a prayer to St. Thomas of Cupertino.
Reply 222
Original post by strangerme
SORRY cant upload the rest - due to the files being large. you can get some other ones off the 'getrevising.co.uk' website . they have some really good ones.

good luck and may god be with you - dont forget to say a prayer to St. Thomas of Cupertino.

Thank you so much, same to u, like the other guy im not Christian but Im Sikh and yes may God bless u to
Reply 223
Original post by stoppy123
One similarity between Bandura and Pilavain is that they both used oppurtunistic samples etc etc etc....

One difference between griffiths and Bandura is that Griffiths studied a sample that had a mean age of around 24. while Bandura studied children ages 2.5-5 years old. waffle waffle

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure if Pilavian is a behavorist study actually :s

Thank you!!!
Reply 224
this might help for some VERY last minute revision :smile:
Reply 225
What would happen if you missed the exam, given a reason?
Stopping my revision now - been up since 5am doing last minute cramming xD (though I did get a full nights sleep before that, so I'm not tired). I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be this time round - last time (year 12) I didn't prepare at all, this time I've been studying like crazy but sabotaged by recurring strep throat infections and ****ty doctors >.< Still, I have an A in the first half of the AS qualification, so thats a start, even if it only makes up 30 percent! Does anyone know the grade boundaries roughly for a B in the core studies paper?
Reply 227
Apparently it's like 85
Reply 228
sobbing that they did psychodynamic last year. i have given up revising now. i was a mark off of a c last year.
Original post by Nas.
Apparently it's like 85

I'd love to be able to say 'Bah, can get that easily!' but I thought that last year and came out with a D in both papers >.< xD. Well, nothing to do about it now. Good luck everyone!
Reply 230
how did everyone find it?
Original post by ke95
how did everyone find it?

Quite easy tbh, only section A question I think I got wrong was the one about disproving Piaget's theory. Section B I chose Maguire and said id change it into a case study on 1 person so I could see change over time and I chose developmental approach for section C :smile:
Reply 232
Yeah wasn't too bad, I did Piliavin for section B and developmental as well :biggrin:
I did Maguire and individual difference for section B and C.
DEVELOPMENTAL <3

And pilavian :biggrin:

Good exam!
i found the exam relatively easy, though, i struggled on one question in section A, asking to name two qualitative findings in Milligrams study. Ahhh I swear they're all all technically quantitative?! :frown:
Reply 236
I found this exam pretty good...it was a lot easier than I expected! I think a lot of people found the Milgram question about qualitative findings a little confusing. I can't quite remember what I wrote for that but I think it was okay.

I did Maguire for Section B and Individual Differences for Section C :smile: It's such a relief that my exams are finally over!
Reply 237
Original post by saifrasheed
i found the exam relatively easy, though, i struggled on one question in section A, asking to name two qualitative findings in Milligrams study. Ahhh I swear they're all all technically quantitative?! :frown:

I wrote about how the participants were sweating and biting their lip throughout the experiment due to stress and got the other half wrong, haha.

What did people write for the Freud question? I'm not sure if my answer was.. silly.
Reply 238
yh same, I wrote about how participants repeatedly bit their lips and some even cried.
what did people write for hemisphere disconnection?? I wrote its when the corpus callosum is severed
also what about the baron cohen question??
Reply 239
Original post by zaneali
yh same, I wrote about how participants repeatedly bit their lips and some even cried.
what did people write for hemisphere disconnection?? I wrote its when the corpus callosum is severed
also what about the baron cohen question??

I wrote that too. For Baron Cohen I wrote about the reading the mind in the eyes task and the basic emotions task..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending