Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have kids changed so much since the 90's?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Kids these days need to learn all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down and I liked to take a minute just sit right there and I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air. :cool:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh the 90's. I only remember it a little bit because I was born in 1994 but I remember watching the uk premier of Pokemon and being really excited when I got pokemon red and blue :') And I had a massive obsession with the Spice Girls :lol:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Kids these days need to learn all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down and I liked to take a minute just sit right there and I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air. :cool:
    I still watch it :') I never get bored of it :lol:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwalchgwyn)
    You were born in 1998 - you don't have a clue what the 90s were like. The 90s were probably the most boring and dull decade ever since ever in the history of ever. The best bands we had were Hanson, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and The Spice Girls -.- We sat through endless Robbie Williams cassette tapes and had only Power Rangers and He-Man reruns to dull the boredom.

We did however have Goldeneye on the N64 so it kind of balanced it all out
    I was born in 1993. My life wasn't as dull as you described. I know there are many cool stuffs nowadays compared to the 90's, but that's what make my childhood life special because their childhood life will be different from mine. Kids nowadays just don't have that kind of experience, they have iPhones, blackberries etc even as a kid whereas I can only get a nokia 7610 when I'm 14.

I get what you mean by dull when they had only Power Rangers and He-Man, that is when you watch Power Rangers at my age now, you'll find it dull, not when you're a kid.

So, I like my childhood life, it's not too exciting, not too boring, just right to give me good & nice memories of it. :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People have different interests maybe
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I blame the lack of split screen multiplayer in games these days.
    I totally agree.

Whenever a new game that catches my eye comes out these days, it takes time to try and find information about it on the internet (Maybe a exaggerate :cool: ).

All about split screen
    That's why I love games like halo and black ops because it doesn't stop split screen and online which is awesome.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherriesxo)
    What about Spyro the Dragon? :sad:
    I wasn't much of a Spyro fan tbh. I think I played it once then couldn't figure out how to continue. :p:

Crash Bandicoot and the Rugrats PS1 games were my favourite, although I used to have to get my dad to complete the "Let there be light" challenge in the Rugrats because I was scared of the ghosts.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    I wasn't much of a Spyro fan tbh. I think I played it once then couldn't figure out how to continue. :p:

Crash Bandicoot and the Rugrats PS1 games were my favourite, although I used to have to get my dad to complete the "Let there be light" challenge in the Rugrats because I was scared of the ghosts.
    Aw, I loved Rugrats! I loved the bit where we had to steal the chocolate milk, pass it among the babies, and stop Angelica from getting it. And when we could play Reptar and destroy the city at the end. Growing up I had all the Crash games but played Crash Team Racing the most.
    Omg, I'll shut up now, I'm such a nerd. :blush:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taelia)
    You will never understand the sound of the internet dial-up tone!
    Music to my ears
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i always find it quite surprising the differences between myself and my sister ... i was born 1989, my sister 1996...
    so many things we have had for the whole of my sisters life, but i remember the times before them... like the cat, computer, playstation, harry potter! (ok im not so sure she was aware of this at all... but still!), Videos!! my sister has never seen several disney classics... including... the Lion King! because we only own it on video and by the time she came round to watching them we'd moved on to dvds...
    x
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Hang on, if you're 14, how do you know what kids in the 90s were like?

From what I remember of being a kid in the 90s, it was pretty much the same as you except we had PS1s and N64s instead of Xbox 360s and PS3s.
    Sega Mega Drive mu****errrrr
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa78)
    Because kids are spoilt these days.

10 year olds have blackberries and iPhones.
    Don't appreciate the time they have with family.
    10 year olds? I have seen 3 years olds with them. I was in the carphone warehouse last weekend and there was a woman in there taking out a contract for a 3 year old daughter. Woooooot :eek:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Sega Mega Drive mu****errrrr
    I had a SNES instead
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BHS12)
    10 year olds? I have seen 3 years olds with them. I was in the carphone warehouse last weekend and there was a woman in there taking out a contract for a 3 year old daughter. Woooooot :eek:
    What, seriously! And here i was thinking my 8 year old cusion getting a Kindle was bad. :eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx-Samantha-xx)
    What, seriously! And here i was thinking my 8 year old cusion getting a Kindle was bad. :eek:
    Deadly serious. There is just no need. I was lucky if I got 20 minutes of watching thomas the tank at that age!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't think things have changed that much, just perspective. Put it this way:

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for they are reckless beyond words. When I was young, we were taught to be discreet, respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient."

That's a quote (supposedly) from the Greek poet Herisod around 700BC but it still manages to sum up 90's kids views on the youth of today. Sad, I know, but maybe there's something there...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cant really remeber much of the nineties
    Apart from acid flashbacks
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherriesxo)
    What about Spyro the Dragon? :sad:

Amazing game :daydreaming: (ok it wasn't quite the 90's I guess)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ 24K)
    I don't think things have changed that much, just perspective. Put it this way:

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for they are reckless beyond words. When I was young, we were taught to be discreet, respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient."

That's a quote (supposedly) from the Greek poet Herisod around 700BC but it still manages to sum up 90's kids views on the youth of today.
    This. Didn't Socrates bemoan the present generation of youth at the time, as well?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am 21 so really most of the 90s was sitting at home not being allowed out without my parents yet. Then at about 9 years old my time came. Then came the days of Playstation with friends, hanging with friends etc. Then the 2000s came and most of my good friends moved away and I was bored for a good 2 years.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.