The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Who's all going to Aberdeen uni next year then?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by khaiser turian
Im applying the day the bookings become available, so I hope so

Good luck for then! :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
firmed my unconditional offer for geology a few weeks ago :biggrin: was thinking of choosing adam smith or wavell house not sure but "/ any ideas? :smile:
Firmed my unconditional for Philosophy and Psychology in January... but tbh I already kind of regret the choice. I mean sure, Aberdeen is alright and seems pretty friendly, but I think studying something not-so-vocational at a mediocre uni is kinda silly. So I'm definitely considering switching to somewhere else in Scotland early on.

Original post by Catriona_17
firmed my unconditional offer for geology a few weeks ago :biggrin: was thinking of choosing adam smith or wavell house not sure but "/ any ideas? :smile:

Well the communal living thing at South House I think beats all the corridor houses. Could also be much easier to meet new people if you have already 5 of them sharing a flat with you.
Original post by Catriona_17

Wavell is like the only mixed sex self catered halls; it'd be a better experience imo then single sex accommodations!
Reply 44
ive a conditional for communication design at RGU, anyone apply for a similar course?
Please message me. From Dublin, Ireland. Deciding to go to aberdeen would be a big move as I know next to nothing about the city! Would be good to get to know some people before hand :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by NotSoBritish
Firmed my unconditional for Philosophy and Psychology in January... but tbh I already kind of regret the choice. I mean sure, Aberdeen is alright and seems pretty friendly, but I think studying something not-so-vocational at a mediocre uni is kinda silly. So I'm definitely considering switching to somewhere else in Scotland early on.

Are you kidding? If you're going in with that kind of attitude, you're not going to enjoy yourself and you're going to miss out on opportunities. Go in with an open mind, you never know you might actually like that! And Aberdeen is far from mediocre!
Reply 46
I accepted my place for History and English the other week!(: I was thinking of going to Hillhead but I'm not sure which halls to go to, I was thinking maybe South House or Wavell?
Reply 47
Original post by cgraham15
Can't stop thinking about September!!!!
I firmed Law and European legal Studies a while ago now.
Can't decide what accomodation :/ Fyfe or South House? I'm not sure if I would prefer a flat :confused:

Fyfe, AS and Wavell all got renovated in 2009-2010 (while I was living there, it was hell) BUT for you guys, it's all lush, brand new kitchens, bedroom furniture, windows, bathrooms - and dorm style is heaps of bant - you live directly with 120 people so you can make tonnes of new friends.
Reply 48
Original post by Silver Aurora
Wavell is like the only mixed sex self catered halls; it'd be a better experience imo then single sex accommodations!

It's no more mixed sex than the flats, general rule Boys Ground Floor, Girls First Floor, Boys Second Floor, Girls Third Floor - it's not like its boy-girl-boy-girl. Whereas, the flat blocks are boy flat-girl flat etc. all the way up. Though I do agree about Fyfe and Adam Smith... dunno if I could have hacked 120 girls in one building...
Reply 49
Original post by anmaclean
I don't know if there are any rooms left, but the Old Fire Station is ensuite and significantly cheaper than the equivalent uni accommodation. It's only five minutes walk from Hillhead as well. :smile:

Ah, spamming the message board - TIP - watch out for the number of weeks lease that OFS is, as uni accom with the exception of New Carnegie Court (run by unite) is around 39 weeks... whereas Unite can be up to 48, which adds on the money you would have saved being at uni accom.
Original post by wils223
It's no more mixed sex than the flats, general rule Boys Ground Floor, Girls First Floor, Boys Second Floor, Girls Third Floor - it's not like its boy-girl-boy-girl. Whereas, the flat blocks are boy flat-girl flat etc. all the way up. Though I do agree about Fyfe and Adam Smith... dunno if I could have hacked 120 girls in one building...

What!? That's awful! So there's basically no actual truly mixed accommodation :|
Just firmed my unconditional offer for English :smile:
Reply 52
helloo!! Any singaporeans who firmed aberdeen in this thread?
Reply 53
Hi I'm a Italian student and the next year I'll be at the University of Aberdeen as Erasmus student... I want you to know about the MAIN CAMPUS or HILLHEAD and CATERED or SELF-CATERED hall...I don't really know what is better! Can you help me, please?
bye! :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by anmaclean
I don't know if there are any rooms left, but the Old Fire Station is ensuite and significantly cheaper than the equivalent uni accommodation. It's only five minutes walk from Hillhead as well. :smile:

old fire station is closer to 25 min walk away from hillhead halls?
I firmed my unconditional for Music a couple of months ago :biggrin: I don't know where I want to go for accommodation! Deffos wanna be on campus...apparently Elphinstone is nice? I want self-catered for sure...independence ftw
I failed at the smiley.
Reply 57
I can't decide between York (politics) and Aberdeen but in any case, Aberdeen (politics & IR) will be my insurance :smile:
Reply 58
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
Anyone who is going to Aberdeen feel free to PM me, I would like to get to know people before I go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending