The Student Room Group

OCR AS Law exam - Sources of Law- May 30th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Harriet : )
I sat source of law in january :smile: and am sitting ELS in may- I really feel for you- both in May is a hell of a lot to remember :/ I have something that might help- I made a resource for all the topic that can come up cases and AOP you need/ are helpful to know- I'll post them for you, let me know if they were any good :smile:

The ELS one has a few gaps in as I haven't covered those topics yet :rolleyes:

Thank you so much that really helps a lot just need to learn it now :biggrin:
Are you going to learn all the topics for ELS? I was thinking of just focusing on the main ones eg police powers sentencing and a few others
Original post by jk122
Thank you so much that really helps a lot just need to learn it now :biggrin:
Are you going to learn all the topics for ELS? I was thinking of just focusing on the main ones eg police powers sentencing and a few others

Yeah, I found by going over them once everyday for about 2 weeks before the exam, I could reel them off :smile: No, just the major ones, I'll probably look at what's come up recently and go from there, most likely focus on police powers, sentencing, criminal process, probably whatever didn't comeup in January!
Reply 22
Yeah, I found by going over them once everyday for about 2 weeks before the exam, I could reel them off :smile: No, just the major ones, I'll probably look at what's come up recently and go from there, most likely focus on police powers, sentencing, criminal process, probably whatever didn't comeup in January!

That sounds like a good idea hopefully going over it everyday will help me to remember it in the exam.. Yeah thats exactly what im doing im not going to bother learning what came up in jan lol
Thanks for all your help btw :biggrin:
Reply 23
I am going to revise the five topics my teacher taught us which are Police Powers, Sentencing, Criminal Courts, Legal profession and Juries. Anyone already done the exam and managed to get a high percent in it?
Reply 24
Original post by nicki271993
What about Acts of Parliament? That came up in June last year with JP, but it hardly comes up I believe. Delegated legislation is easy and will hopefully come up then.

Acts of Parliament topic? What I'm confused! I didn't even know that was a topic? :confused: Last June, it was JP and delegated/legislation that came up... Is that what you mean? Lots of questions sorry, but you've panicked me! hah :redface:

I sat source of law in january :smile: and am sitting ELS in may- I really feel for you- both in May is a hell of a lot to remember :/ I have something that might help- I made a resource for all the topic that can come up cases and AOP you need/ are helpful to know- I'll post them for you, let me know if they were any good :smile:

You are a lifesaver!!!!! Thankyou a billion times over, seriously :redface:
Reply 25
Original post by deano0417
I am going to revise the five topics my teacher taught us which are Police Powers, Sentencing, Criminal Courts, Legal profession and Juries. Anyone already done the exam and managed to get a high percent in it?

Hey for police powers are you going to learn stop and search, arrest and detention or just pick one or two of them to learn??
Reply 26
Just learn them all, doesn't take to long :smile:
Original post by Perceptive

It's no trouble! :smile: Are you doing both in the May then?
Reply 28
It's no trouble! :smile: Are you doing both in the May then?

I'm only doing Sources of Law in May :smile: I'm revising for ELS too though, since I'm re-sitting that next January, so those resources help a lot! :tongue:
Reply 29

Hey you know for sentencing do we need to know every avalible sentence for adults and young offenders or just a few?
I'm only doing Sources of Law in May :smile: I'm revising for ELS too though, since I'm re-sitting that next January, so those resources help a lot! :tongue:

Ah fair enough! :smile: I think I prefer sources of Law to ELS! So much to remember:rolleyes:

Original post by jk122
Hey you know for sentencing do we need to know every avalible sentence for adults and young offenders or just a few?

I don't think so, just the community orders, suspended sentences custodial sentences, and fines I think. Same for young offenders, which can get the same just slightly different names! I really don't like sentencing there seems just lots to remember :frown: What do you think of it?
Acts of Parliament topic? What I'm confused! I didn't even know that was a topic? :confused: Last June, it was JP and delegated/legislation that came up... Is that what you mean? Lots of questions sorry, but you've panicked me! hah :redface:

Thats me and my really bad wording. I mean legislation- I have always just referred to it as Acts of Parliament. The chapter in my book is called that. I am also a politics student, so it's always Acts of Parliament. Sorry didn't mean to panic you!
Reply 32
Ah fair enough! :smile: I think I prefer sources of Law to ELS! So much to remember:rolleyes:

I don't think so, just the community orders, suspended sentences custodial sentences, and fines I think. Same for young offenders, which can get the same just slightly different names! I really don't like sentencing there seems just lots to remember :frown: What do you think of it?

Ahh tell me about it i really hate it its so hard trying to remember everything the only chapter i like is ADR cos its the shortest and easiest one lol :biggrin:
Original post by jk122
Ahh tell me about it i really hate it its so hard trying to remember everything the only chapter i like is ADR cos its the shortest and easiest one lol :biggrin:

ADR is such a easy topic, but it came up in January so we kiss goodbye to that! Magistrates has to be the next easiest, hopefully that'll come up as that hasn't made an appearance in a while :colone:
Reply 34
ADR is such a easy topic, but it came up in January so we kiss goodbye to that! Magistrates has to be the next easiest, hopefully that'll come up as that hasn't made an appearance in a while :colone:

Lol, I was so confident for ADR in Jan I didn't bother revising for it, and then it came up and I realised I didnt know as much as I thought I did, still scraped an A though :biggrin:
Hello chaps :sexface:

Just popping in to wish you luck. I sat this exam two years ago, and remember it well. Missed an A* by a single bloody mark.

I'm on the LLB now.

GET OUT OF LAW WHILE YOU STILL CAN. IT'S TORTURE.

Not really though. Best of luck!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hdr95
Lol, I was so confident for ADR in Jan I didn't bother revising for it, and then it came up and I realised I didnt know as much as I thought I did, still scraped an A though :biggrin:

Sorry to be a pain but can you remember what exact topic Criminal Process and Police Powers were in January- I know what topics came up but what area were they in? :smile:
Reply 37
Sorry to be a pain but can you remember what exact topic Criminal Process and Police Powers were in January- I know what topics came up but what area were they in? :smile:

Nah sorry cant remember, can hardly remember what questions I answered lol
Reply 38

Noooo that is so annoying i spent time learning it aswell lol yeah mags is a good topic i have a feeling it may come up... btw do you know all the topics that came up in jan at least if i know that i wont focus so much on those topics :biggrin:
Original post by jk122
Noooo that is so annoying i spent time learning it aswell lol yeah mags is a good topic i have a feeling it may come up... btw do you know all the topics that came up in jan at least if i know that i wont focus so much on those topics :biggrin:

I'll attach this spreadsheet with all the topics of exams covered from jan 2009 to jan 2012 so you can see the patterns :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending