Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Places you can go alone in Europe ?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to do a summer semester out here in London, I have a month break in between and everyone seems be going home, I really dont want to go back home, Wanna make the best of Europe. Which all places i can tour alone ? I was thinking of going to spain, But would be fun alone?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion you won't have fun alone in Spain. If you're going alone you should try to find some interesting place in Europe where to visit monuments, landscapes and all this stuff. Generally when 20 years old people come to Spain is for 60% (good weather and party hard) and 40% (all the other) so it wouldn't be the best choice if you're coming alone. That's actually what we can offer to the tourists (yeah, it's pathetic). I suggest you Belgium. Ghent, Brussels, Antwerpen and Bruges are really beatiful.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Paris and Venice are probably two good places to go alone.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    Hi, I'm going to do a summer semester out here in London, I have a month break in between and everyone seems be going home, I really dont want to go back home, Wanna make the best of Europe. Which all places i can tour alone ? I was thinking of going to spain, But would be fun alone?
    Get an interrail pass and see Europe in a very European way: http://www.interrailnet.com/

There's all the obvious places (Paris, Barca, Rome, Florence, Berlin etc.) but you could also venture into Eastern Europe.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Prague is meant to be lovely!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere. Obviously stay in hostels, within a few days (even if you don't think of yourself as the type to chat to strangers) you'll find yourself talking to people there. I had an awesome time by myself in Spain; Granada and Seville are awesome, as are Barcelona and Madrid. Free tapas with your beer in Granada!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to go by myself to Vienna for a weekend soon. I hear it's a beautiful city, very elegant, lovely architecture and great cafes. I imagine it the kind of place I can go to a cafe by myself and read a book and feel at home. Also, you can get an exclusive hotel for much less than you'd pay, say in Paris. If these are things you might enjoy, I think it's a nice place to go. I'm also into classical music and Vienna is famous for that.

If you're just interested in seeing the city, visit the museums and take in some of the culture, there are many places you can go, like Barcelona and Venice. I love Paris and I go often (although I have friends there), but it's a bit of a lonely and closed city. I don't know what it is about it, but it's not the greatest place to be alone - most other people go to eat in couples or groups and it's not like you'll 'accidentally meet friends'. Copenhagen is a friendly city I also love.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Peckham is a good place to go alone.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    I would suggest doing 2-3 weeks (or more, if you wish) of the Spanish pilgrimage.

If you enjoy walking, camping, staying at hostels, seeing some of the REAL spain (not these 90% British beach-towns full of drunken chavs), and meeting a lot of people, there's nothing better to do than this.
    Doing it alone is much more recommended than doing it with friends, as you're quite garanteed to meet a bunch of like-minded people.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steefen)
    Hi,
    If you want to travel from heathrow to adelaide
    Flights to Adelaide from Heathrow
    OP said in Europe.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.