Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone from Vienna? Dying of boredom here///

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from Vienna - please respond.

6 months here now and ready to kill myself already...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    is it so bad there now??? I am from vienna, but I live in france since 2006...so not sure if I can help..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna be there soon...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if you find vienna boring theres something wrong with you. theres so much to do!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoneyFlux)
    if you find vienna boring theres something wrong with you. theres so much to do!
    Any mid-sized English town is a lot more entertaining than Vienna...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is like one of those 'looking for fun time (i.e. sex)' thingies.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree. Vienna is hella dull How come you're living there?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_13th)
    Any mid-sized English town is a lot more entertaining than Vienna...
    i lived in vienna all my life..and then left when i was 18 to the uk. i was so sick of the place, and couldnt wait to get out. I loved the uk, but after having lived here now for 6 years, i can honestly say, i totally took vienna for granted. you wont know what youve missed out on , until you leave. So make most of your opportunity now. cos you'll look back later in life and realise how nice you actually really had it living in vienna. afterall its the top (3) places to live in the world. So dont moan.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i lived in vienna all my life..and then left when i was 18 to the uk. i was so sick of the place, and couldnt wait to get out. I loved the uk, but after having lived here now for 6 years, i can honestly say, i totally took vienna for granted. you wont know what youve missed out on , until you leave. So make most of your opportunity now. cos you'll look back later in life and realise how nice you actually really had it living in vienna. afterall its the top (3) places to live in the world. So dont moan.
    Those surveys typically have nothing to do with actual entertainment or landmarks, so I don't see why that matters. Yeah, sure, you will probably avoid crime, but you can avoid crime anywhere with luck and intuition.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formerly Helpful_C)
    Those surveys typically have nothing to do with actual entertainment or landmarks, so I don't see why that matters. Yeah, sure, you will probably avoid crime, but you can avoid crime anywhere with luck and intuition.
    Err no, those surveys include everything from sights, entertainment, quality of living, property, jobs, family life, crime etc....those surveys takes everything into account.

how old are you?...to be fair vienna is pretty poor on the music front...unless you're into opera and orchestra stuff, or worse techno!...but yeh just hang in there. go get drunk in waxys or something.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it´s safe, convenient, relatively clean, etc,etc,etc, but the place is boring, people are dull and I myself am becoming dull + I constantly wanna sleep in Vienna and so are a couple of my immigrant acquaintances here -- for some reason, probably due to lack of sun and the city being surrounded by mountains --- I always feel exhausted... and bored.

It kinda feels like living a a well-looked-after elderly residence...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "surrounded by mountains"
    that's funny for me to hear...the first "real" mountains are about two hours away from the city...I advise you never to cross switzerland, you'd probably have a heart-attack!:eek:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 20, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.